Solved

1gb gddr5 or 2gb ddr3?

Okay so I have a little budget pc I am building to get me by till I get the money for a real one. I have a 38in 1080p tv I am gonna be playing off of and I have a question. Which would be better, a radeon hd 6670 1gb gddr5, or the same card with 2gb ddr3? I know that gddr5 is faster but is it better for my big screen?
9 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about gddr5 ddr3
  1. Depends on what games, but I do not think you can play 1080p games on a 6670.
  2. kracker said:
    Depends on what games, but I do not think you can play 1080p games on a 6670.

    Yeah I know but I was just including that to you guys in case you needed to know. I will be playing at 720p. I also will be playing modern fps games on the most stable settings I can.
  3. I have a 1GB GTX 550Ti, it runs crisp and clear on my 40 inch monitor. I don't think you should have any problem. But if you want to run more monitors connected to your PC, get the 2GB card.

    The downside of the 6670 is that it you probably won't get a high framerate on ultra or even high with your resolution.

    I think you should consider a better card such as the 7770.
  4. Uhm, 6670 at 1080p? On low settings with no AA you might get playable frame rates in older games.

    Decent FPS at a very low resolution (no AA) but anything higher and the FPS were just too low to be playable.


    Edit: You can read the full review at TechPowerUp.
  5. keithmfr said:
    I have a 1GB GTX 550Ti, it runs crisp and clear on my 40 inch monitor. I don't think you should have any problem. But if you want to run more monitors connected to your PC, get the 2GB card.

    The downside of the 6670 is that it you probably won't get a high framerate on ultra or even high with your resolution.

    I think you should consider a better card such as the 7770.


    a 550Ti and a 6670 is a looooot of diffrence...

    And yes, I should suggest a 7770, if not a 7750.
  6. Unless I am able to find a really cheap 7750 or even 7770 I am gonna stick with the 6670. NCIX has one for $50 and I am not really able to go much higher than that. Any help with a cheap 7750 or so?
  7. Best answer
    hmm as I haven't see a direct answer to your oringal question go with 6670 1gb gddr5. On low end cards there is no reall point to go past 1Gig, even more so when you factor Gddr5 vs ddr3. Even if both cards used the same memory the best choice would be the cheapest. I would say at least in the AMD camp you should have atleast a 7850 class GPU before looking at going past 1gig
  8. ikaz said:
    hmm as I haven't see a direct answer to your oringal question go with 6670 1gb gddr5. On low end cards there is no reall point to go past 1Gig, even more so when you factor Gddr5 vs ddr3. Even if both cards used the same memory the best choice would be the cheapest. I would say at least in the AMD camp you should have atleast a 7850 class GPU before looking at going past 1gig

    Thank you for the real answer bro.
  9. Best answer selected by Dingleberg.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards DDR3 Graphics