Sign in with
Your question
Solved

SYSTEM WILL NOT BOOT>>>>>HELP!

Last response: in Systems
January 7, 2013 8:40:17 PM

This my very first build ever and I can't get the sytsem to BOOT ....I keep getting .....Reboot and select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in the selected Boot device and press a key_ After I have accessed the BIOS and selected the ASUS DVD/CD drive as options#1 boot and CRUCIAL M4 SSD option#2 boot. The other drives are disconnected at the present moment. What have I done incorrectly. What I would like to do after I load Windows 7 PRO and the drivers for the MOBO, ASUS DVD/CD, VIDEO Card and HDD's is as follows once:

1. Using the SSD for Boot/OS/Programs
2. Using the 2 TB HDD in RAID1 for libraries (data/media, my DOCS, Music, Pics, etc.)
3. Using the 1 TB external HDD for backup-Microsoft Sync and Norton backup Utilities

HELP PLEASE!!!!!! :pfff:  :pfff:  :pfff:  :pfff:  :pfff:  :pfff:  :pfff:  :bounce:  :bounce:  :bounce: 

System specs:
Sapphire Radeon HD 7850 2G DDR5 PCIE 3.0
Cosair GS 700
Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad Core
Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing
Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H-MVP mATX LGA 1155
Corsair Vengeance 4GB (2x 4GB) DDR3-1600
Crucial m4 256GB 2.5-Inch Solid State Drive SATA 6Gb/s
Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200 RPM
Seagate Barracuda 2x(1TB 3.5" 7200 RPM)
Cooler Master HAF 912 ATX Mid Tower
Asus BC-12B1ST-BLK/B/AS Blue-Ray Reader, DVD/CD Writer
WD 1 TB external drive

More about : system boot

January 7, 2013 8:54:14 PM

So you still get the message with the Windows 7 CD in the optical drive?
m
l
January 7, 2013 9:15:29 PM

Yes! What must I do? I have Window 7 load on another system. I was thinking about making a boot/recovery disc and trying to boot from it, but that makes very little sense since there isn't anything loaded on any of the drives....
m
l
Related resources
January 7, 2013 9:25:50 PM

Put your Win7 disc in a different system. Does the optical drive see the disk? If not, bad disk. If yes, can you swap the optical disk out of a different system and put it in the problem system? could be a bad optical drive. If yes, google up how to make a win7 boot on a USB flash drive. Try that route.
m
l
January 7, 2013 9:28:37 PM

Ok. I will give it a try...the disc works fine in the old system....so I will swap the optic drives .....
m
l
January 7, 2013 10:28:39 PM

Does the AC'97 / HDD Audio connect to the F Audio pins on the MOBO? If it is plug into the wrong location would it effect the boot?
m
l

Best solution

January 8, 2013 2:00:10 PM

It does, you should only connect the applicable one, if it's a relatively recent MOBO it is most likely HD Audio. The plug should be keyed so you cannot put it in correctly, so no, I would not think so. However, plugging a firewire plug into a USB header could cause you issues. But the point you are getting to is indicative of a problem with your optical drive or the CD, everything is operating correctly to that point it is just unable to find any OS media to run. Make sure the copy of Windows is legitimate as well, your won't find any help with pirated software here (just have to throw it out there).
January 12, 2013 10:35:44 PM

Best answer selected by Knightfarley.
m
l
March 26, 2013 8:11:43 PM

Did you ever get this sorted?? I'm having the same problem, I installed a copy of windows 7 on Saturday night. Turned it off and never turned it back on till Monday. When I put it back on it was saying about a boot something or other. Iv tried everything, my hdd shows up on the bios but wont boot, when I put in the win7 DVD it boots to setup and the hdd is not showing up, iv checked and changed all the wires and also thought my hdd may have been fried. I put another hdd in and same problem, I also checked the orignal hdd on another pc and it works fine. Can anyone help??? Iv tried everything for the past two days and still stuck. thanks
m
l
!