Teamkill Punishers

I'm just a little aggravated with those who use the shotgun approach to
punishing TKs. I was banned from a quite laggy server for TKs. I don't
intentionally TK and try to be quite careful. I usually give the benefit of
the doubt to those who TK me.

But, on this server, I was punished when someone stepped in front of my line
of fire (and I saved his ass by firing on someone sneaking up on him), for
destroying a tank while a teammate raced up to it to throw grenades at it
and for running over a teammate with a hummer.

The last instance the mate appeared in front of my vehicle suddenly due to
lag.

I also heard of instances where the commander was punished because someone
raced into an artillery strike area or someone raced over a mine and
punished the minelayer.

Seems punishing is now considered another notch on some of these guys belts.
45 answers Last reply
More about teamkill punishers

    The typical problem is when you are commander and order artillery and
    someone decides that they are going to run into the area.

    I apparently called artillery on a site and a server admin decided to run
    into the area instead of avoiding it. He, of course, was killed. He, of
    course, decided he had to ban me from the server for his error.

    It would be nice to have a penalty or punishment for those that punish
    teamkillers. Unforntunately, there are real morons who TK for the fun of it
    and they need to be punished/banned without consequences.

    WT

    "Wayne Templin" <novirus@novirus> wrote in

    > I apparently called artillery on a site and a server admin decided to
    > run into the area instead of avoiding it. He, of course, was killed.
    > He, of course, decided he had to ban me from the server for his
    > error.

    Which server? So we can all avoid it.

    DFR (Delta Force [R something]). This was several days ago and I haven't
    seen their server on the ranked servers in the past couple of days.

    WT

    "ScratchMonkey" <ScratchMonkey.blacklist@sewingwitch.com> wrote in message
    > "Wayne Templin" <novirus@novirus> wrote in
    >
    >> I apparently called artillery on a site and a server admin decided to
    >> run into the area instead of avoiding it. He, of course, was killed.
    >> He, of course, decided he had to ban me from the server for his
    >> error.
    >
    > Which server? So we can all avoid it.
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    "Kevin R. Murphy" wrote:

    > I'm just a little aggravated with those who use the shotgun approach
    > to punishing TKs. I was banned from a quite laggy server for TKs. I
    > don't intentionally TK and try to be quite careful. I usually give the
    > benefit of the doubt to those who TK me.
    >
    > But, on this server, I was punished when someone stepped in front of
    > my line of fire (and I saved his ass by firing on someone sneaking up
    > on him), for destroying a tank while a teammate raced up to it to
    > throw grenades at it and for running over a teammate with a hummer.
    >
    > The last instance the mate appeared in front of my vehicle suddenly
    > due to lag.
    >
    > I also heard of instances where the commander was punished because
    > someone raced into an artillery strike area or someone raced over a
    > mine and punished the minelayer.
    >
    > Seems punishing is now considered another notch on some of these guys
    > belts.

    I think part of the problem is that punishment is automatic, unless the
    "victim" intervenes. Really, it should be the other way around - i.e. if
    a player feels their wrath is justified then they vote to punish, but if
    they just carry on with the game (maybe don't even notice they were
    TK'ed), then the system should let the other player off the hook.

    higgy.
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    Would be easy enough to change the mine tk issue.
    I mean if you cant see them there is something seriously wrong.

    --
    RobertJM

    "higgy" <higgyslacker@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > "Kevin R. Murphy" wrote:
    >
    >> I'm just a little aggravated with those who use the shotgun approach
    >> to punishing TKs. I was banned from a quite laggy server for TKs. I
    >> don't intentionally TK and try to be quite careful. I usually give the
    >> benefit of the doubt to those who TK me.
    >>
    >> But, on this server, I was punished when someone stepped in front of
    >> my line of fire (and I saved his ass by firing on someone sneaking up
    >> on him), for destroying a tank while a teammate raced up to it to
    >> throw grenades at it and for running over a teammate with a hummer.
    >>
    >> The last instance the mate appeared in front of my vehicle suddenly
    >> due to lag.
    >>
    >> I also heard of instances where the commander was punished because
    >> someone raced into an artillery strike area or someone raced over a
    >> mine and punished the minelayer.
    >>
    >> Seems punishing is now considered another notch on some of these guys
    >> belts.
    >
    > I think part of the problem is that punishment is automatic, unless the
    > "victim" intervenes. Really, it should be the other way around - i.e. if
    > a player feels their wrath is justified then they vote to punish, but if
    > they just carry on with the game (maybe don't even notice they were
    > TK'ed), then the system should let the other player off the hook.
    >

    > higgy.
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    Wayne Templin wrote:
    > The typical problem is when you are commander and order artillery and
    > someone decides that they are going to run into the area.
    >
    > I apparently called artillery on a site and a server admin decided to run
    > into the area instead of avoiding it. He, of course, was killed. He, of
    > course, decided he had to ban me from the server for his error.
    >
    > It would be nice to have a penalty or punishment for those that punish
    > teamkillers. Unforntunately, there are real morons who TK for the fun of it
    > and they need to be punished/banned without consequences.

    I always forgive, on the assumption that it was an accident. It would be
    great, if that was the default option.

    regards,

    Achtung Ecco
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    In article <42d2b00e$0$67255$157c6196@dreader2.cybercity.dk>,
    nospam@spam.no says...
    > Wayne Templin wrote:
    > > The typical problem is when you are commander and order artillery and
    > > someone decides that they are going to run into the area.
    > >
    > > I apparently called artillery on a site and a server admin decided to run
    > > into the area instead of avoiding it. He, of course, was killed. He, of
    > > course, decided he had to ban me from the server for his error.
    > >
    > > It would be nice to have a penalty or punishment for those that punish
    > > teamkillers. Unforntunately, there are real morons who TK for the fun of it
    > > and they need to be punished/banned without consequences.
    >
    > I always forgive, on the assumption that it was an accident. It would be
    > great, if that was the default option.
    >
    > regards,
    >
    > Achtung Ecco

    it can be the default. in the serversettings.con file it's set to:

    sv.tkPunishByDefault 0

    you MUST set it to:

    sv.tkPunishByDefault 1

    in order to punish by default.

    /CF

  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    > I always forgive, on the assumption that it was an accident. It would be
    > great, if that was the default option.
    >
    > regards,
    >
    > Achtung Ecco

    That, is the classy thing to do. Too many people freak on TKs. Accidents
    happen, especially with mines and vehicles.
    There will be idiots who intentionally TK, but for the most part, they are
    the minority.

    Having said that, if you punish me, don't expect to get any sympathy when it
    happens to you. :)
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    "RobertJM" <robert@rockNObottomSPAM.plus.com> wrote in message
    > Would be easy enough to change the mine tk issue.
    > I mean if you cant see them there is something seriously wrong.

    You mean the pretty red skulls aren't 'power ups'?
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    You mean the pretty red skulls that look kind of green/brown to colour
    blind people like me :)

    Most of the time they're visible, but evey now and again they get lost
    in the vegetation.

    If only I could set them, so that they appeared flashing blue & yellow!
  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    Achtung Ecco <nospam@spam.no> wrote:

    > I always forgive, on the assumption that it was an accident. It would
    > be great, if that was the default option.

    I have problems assuming an accident when somebody drops C4 all around
    me in broad daylight and blows me up, or when an AA gun opens up on me
    right after I took of from a carrier...

    Juergen Nieveler
    --
    A career is a job that takes about 20 more hours a week
  12. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    Juergen Nieveler wrote:
    > Achtung Ecco <nospam@spam.no> wrote:
    >
    >>I always forgive, on the assumption that it was an accident. It would
    >>be great, if that was the default option
    >
    > I have problems assuming an accident when somebody drops C4 all around
    > me in broad daylight and blows me up, or when an AA gun opens up on me
    > right after I took of from a carrier...

    Yeah, then punish by all means. But the electrocuting vehicles sometimes
    makes it difficult to move a Humvee from a carpark without tk'ing a
    couple of teammates during the process (for instance). That shouldn't
    automatically be punished. Likewise, artillery are often close to
    friendly troops, in order to be efficient (looking forward to a creeping
    barrage!). I often run towards the flag at the end of a barrage, and
    from time to time mistimes it.

    What am I saying - teamkills seemingly happens very often in BF2, mostly
    by pure accident or as a result of the use of high-powered weapons in a
    small area. Mostly teamkills shouldn't be punished, and it should
    certainly not be the default option.

    regards,

    Achtung Ecco
  13. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    Rasmus Dyhr Frederiksen <nospam@nospam.no> wrote:

    > Yeah, then punish by all means. But the electrocuting vehicles
    > sometimes makes it difficult to move a Humvee from a carpark without
    > tk'ing a couple of teammates during the process (for instance). That
    > shouldn't automatically be punished. Likewise, artillery are often
    > close to friendly troops, in order to be efficient (looking forward to
    > a creeping barrage!). I often run towards the flag at the end of a
    > barrage, and from time to time mistimes it.

    I've only punished once so far (as I've just installed the demo that's
    a small wonder...): I was playing USMC, and the transport chopper on
    the carrier was smoking heavily. As I had spawned as AT (and not Engi),
    I couldn't repair the chopper - so I thought I'd reduce the time to
    make it usable again by blowing it up.

    Somebody else came up and shot me right in the face... seems like he
    wanted to take that smoking helo for a flight instead of waiting the
    few seconds for a new one. Not that it was a fierce battle or anything
    - there were 3 people on the server, all playing USMC :-)

    Juergen Nieveler
    --
    Never mind the facts - I know what I know
  14. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    higgy <higgyslacker@hotmail.com> wrote:

    > LOL. This is a game - not an exercise in moral fibre. People just want
    > to relax and play.

    Speaking of which - yesterday I was playing on a demo server, and the
    USMC was constantly attacking the airbase with tanks, raping it with
    air- and artillery-strikes etc.

    Since the commander-assets are located at that airbase, which is
    uncappable, the attacks were justified, however they're technically
    spawncamping - what's the general consensus?

    Same rules as in the old BF1942?

    Juergen Nieveler
    --
    Are we having any fun yet?
  15. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    higgy wrote:

    > You realise you're also harming your own side by doing that? Every extra
    > second a player on your team is out of the game, the other team has an
    > advantage.

    True, but only if the players in question are working for the betterment
    of the team. If the people who are deliberately TKing, or are grossly
    incompetent are kept out, even for short periods of time, the team benefits.

    --
    Erik Max Francis && max@alcyone.com && http://www.alcyone.com/max/
    The decree is the Sultan's; the mountains are ours.

    "Colonel_Flagg" <colonel_flagg@NOSOUPFORJ00-internetwarzone.org> skrev i
    meddelandet

    > I did inadvertantly shoot you. perhaps i wasn't looking
    > at the mini-map properly. perhaps your "tag" didn't show. whatever the
    > case may be, chances are likely that it was MY FAULT and I should PAY
    > FOR MY MISTAKE. the "want" by all of you folks to ftk by default
    > corresponds to civilizations "want" to not hold themselves accountable
    > for their actions.

    As I see it:
    Accidents will happen. Simple as that

    It wont cost me anything to forgive at TK, and I will forget the TK'er if
    the person doing it wasn't doing it on purpose or doing something really,
    really stupid.
    ..
    I don't expect to be forgiven when i TK, but it sure as hell would be nice
    if folks stopped to punish me for things that isn't my fault... :P

    Gubb
  17. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    Juergen Nieveler wrote:

    > higgy <higgyslacker@hotmail.com> wrote:
    >
    >> LOL. This is a game - not an exercise in moral fibre. People just
    >> want to relax and play.
    >
    > Speaking of which - yesterday I was playing on a demo server, and the
    > USMC was constantly attacking the airbase with tanks, raping it with
    > air- and artillery-strikes etc.
    >
    > Since the commander-assets are located at that airbase, which is
    > uncappable, the attacks were justified, however they're technically
    > spawncamping - what's the general consensus?
    >
    > Same rules as in the old BF1942?

    I hate this and it's striking that, as with DC, it usually is the US
    team that behaves this way. Why do idiots gravitate towards the US side?
    (No political comment intended, just an observation).

    The other week, I was playing USMC as spec-ops and taking out the MEC
    artillery, when I noticed a guy enter their base as a sniper and head up
    a tower to spawnkill. I promptly switched teams and took the f##ker out.
    I usually switch to MEC if they're being raped, too. I just hate seeing
    people behave like this.

    Personally, I think they should stay the hell away from spawning players
    (at the UCB), unless those players attempt to defend the radar etc. They
    also shouldn't be approaching the enemy base in tanks, IMHO.

    higgy.
  18. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    In article <Xns9691832C7A475higgyslacker@84.92.1.10>,
    higgyslacker@hotmail.com says...
    > I hate this and it's striking that, as with DC, it usually is the US
    > team that behaves this way. Why do idiots gravitate towards the US side?
    > (No political comment intended, just an observation).

    have you noticed that the majority of UAV, Radar and Artillery, that's
    located in a base, is on the MEC side? The question should therefore be,
    why is it that the US Forces are smart enough to place most of their
    equipment outside their main spawn, while the MEC side doesn't? Could it
    be a reflection of real life and the US side is only attacking military
    targets?

    /CF

  19. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    higgy <higgyslacker@hotmail.com> wrote:

    > I hate this and it's striking that, as with DC, it usually is the US
    > team that behaves this way. Why do idiots gravitate towards the US
    > side?

    Because the US side has all the shiny toys they know from watching
    "JAG"? ;-)

    > The other week, I was playing USMC as spec-ops and taking out the MEC
    > artillery, when I noticed a guy enter their base as a sniper and head
    > up a tower to spawnkill. I promptly switched teams and took the f##ker
    > out. I usually switch to MEC if they're being raped, too. I just hate
    > seeing people behave like this.

    Curiously, the playguide for Oman that is available for download from
    EA specifically mentions the need to guard your bases, including the
    carrier, and they mention that the well area of the carrier is a great
    entry point for MEC raiders...

    Damn, why couldn't EA just make all bases capable like they did in
    BF:V? Of course, even then you'd get idiots - I was once accused of
    "basecamping" when I was NVA and sitting right below the US flag on Khe
    Sanh airport...

    > Personally, I think they should stay the hell away from spawning
    > players (at the UCB), unless those players attempt to defend the radar
    > etc. They also shouldn't be approaching the enemy base in tanks, IMHO.

    I've played a lot of DC lately, mainly on the SFA server. The server
    rules allow for base attacks, but not spawnkilling - with the result
    that one group complains about the air attacks (hard to tell wether the
    guy you strafed has just spawned), while the other group complains
    about the basecampers sitting near the base and killing everything with
    tanks.

    Me, I'm perfectly comfortable with air attacks on the base - that's
    what the AA guns are for[0] - but a tank sitting in the middle of a
    spawn area isn't exaclty sporting.

    [0] And it's very easy to kill a plane with a stinger if the plane is
    aiming at you....

    Juergen Nieveler
    --
    Flirtation - attention without intention.
  20. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    "Juergen Nieveler" <juergen.nieveler.nospam@arcor.de> wrote in message
    > higgy <higgyslacker@hotmail.com> wrote:
    >
    >> LOL. This is a game - not an exercise in moral fibre. People just want
    >> to relax and play.
    >
    > Speaking of which - yesterday I was playing on a demo server, and the
    > USMC was constantly attacking the airbase with tanks, raping it with
    > air- and artillery-strikes etc.
    >
    > Since the commander-assets are located at that airbase, which is
    > uncappable, the attacks were justified, however they're technically
    > spawncamping - what's the general consensus?
    >
    > Same rules as in the old BF1942?
    >
    > Juergen Nieveler
    > --
    > Are we having any fun yet?

    Commander assets can only be destroyed with C4. Unless anyone else is
    supporting the spec ops man than it is spawn camping.

    However, I never was an opponent of spawncamping. I consider it a legit
    military tactic. It's called suppressing the enemy. It's stupid, though, if
    the enemy is elsewhere capping your flags.
  21. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    Juergen Nieveler wrote:
    > Rasmus Dyhr Frederiksen <nospam@nospam.no> wrote:

    > I've only punished once so far (as I've just installed the demo that's
    > a small wonder...): I was playing USMC, and the transport chopper on
    > the carrier was smoking heavily. As I had spawned as AT (and not Engi),
    > I couldn't repair the chopper - so I thought I'd reduce the time to
    > make it usable again by blowing it up.
    >
    > Somebody else came up and shot me right in the face... seems like he
    > wanted to take that smoking helo for a flight instead of waiting the
    > few seconds for a new one. Not that it was a fierce battle or anything
    > - there were 3 people on the server, all playing USMC :-)

    Ahh, temper temper + infantry weapons ;-) However, if you get into the
    chopper, while on the carrier, it will repair, as far as I remember.
    Still, he won't get the "Mature Person of the Week" prize, I think.

    regards,

    Achtung Ecco
  22. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    In article <Xns96917DA1DF1D5juergennieveler@nieveler.org>,
    juergen.nieveler.nospam@arcor.de says...
    > I've only punished once so far (as I've just installed the demo that's
    > a small wonder...): I was playing USMC, and the transport chopper on
    > the carrier was smoking heavily. As I had spawned as AT (and not Engi),
    > I couldn't repair the chopper - so I thought I'd reduce the time to
    > make it usable again by blowing it up.

    I agree it doesn't deserve a shot in the face, but if that helo was on
    it's pad on the carrier it would start to repair itself if you had
    jumped into it.
    --
    Lansenerd
    www.agbgaming.com

    Rasmus Dyhr Frederiksen <nospam@nospam.no> wrote:

    >> Damn, why couldn't EA just make all bases capable like they did in
    >> BF:V? Of course, even then you'd get idiots - I was once accused of
    >> "basecamping" when I was NVA and sitting right below the US flag on
    >> Khe Sanh airport...
    >
    > On some of the maps, the bases are capturable.

    Thank god! :-)

    Guess I'll go and buy the game after work today...

    Juergen Nieveler
    --
    Orgasm: jumping to conclusions
  24. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    Juergen Nieveler wrote:

    > Damn, why couldn't EA just make all bases capable like they did in
    > BF:V? Of course, even then you'd get idiots - I was once accused of
    > "basecamping" when I was NVA and sitting right below the US flag on Khe
    > Sanh airport...

    On some of the maps, the bases are capturable.

    regards,

    Achtung Ecco
  25. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942,alt.games.ea.battlefield (More info?)

    Juergen Nieveler wrote:
    > Rasmus Dyhr Frederiksen <nospam@nospam.no> wrote:

    >>On some of the maps, the bases are capturable.
    >

    > Thank god! :-)
    >
    > Guess I'll go and buy the game after work today...

    The annoying thing about BF2 is that the game is bloody brilliant. Enjoy!

    regards,

    Achtung Ecco
  26. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    In article <TcTAe.55743$iU.38169@lakeread05>, kevinm817@cox.net says...
    > However, the punsihments can result in a kick or even a ban for an accident.
    > Most of the accidental shootings are the result of a teammate stepping in
    > the line of fire or the dreaded "red tammate" bug.

    Perhaps in BF2 the "red teammate" bug plays a part, not however in
    Vanilla or one of the Vanilla Mods.

    If you continually TK, to the point that you're kicked (3) times or so
    for doing "something", whether it's TK or use foul language, anything
    that automatically gets you kicked and/or banned after "X" amount of
    times, you probably deserve it. If you don't think you deserve it,
    perhaps it was "accidental", then perhaps you should walk a mile in the
    shoes of the admin, perhaps the admin or the community doesn't want your
    lame ass around?

    /CF

  27. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    Erik Max Francis wrote:

    > higgy wrote:
    >
    >> You realise you're also harming your own side by doing that? Every
    >> extra second a player on your team is out of the game, the other team
    >> has an advantage.
    >
    > True, but only if the players in question are working for the
    > betterment of the team. If the people who are deliberately TKing, or
    > are grossly incompetent are kept out, even for short periods of time,
    > the team benefits.

    Fair point, but if you take the hard line like Flagg apparently does, then
    you're not just punishing abusive or incompetent players.

    higgy.
  28. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    In article <Xns9691CB2D376F3higgyslacker@84.92.1.10>,
    higgyslacker@hotmail.com says...
    > Erik Max Francis wrote:
    >
    > > higgy wrote:
    > >
    > >> You realise you're also harming your own side by doing that? Every
    > >> extra second a player on your team is out of the game, the other team
    > >> has an advantage.
    > >
    > > True, but only if the players in question are working for the
    > > betterment of the team. If the people who are deliberately TKing, or
    > > are grossly incompetent are kept out, even for short periods of time,
    > > the team benefits.
    >
    > Fair point, but if you take the hard line like Flagg apparently does, then
    > you're not just punishing abusive or incompetent players.
    >

    > higgy.

    I disagree, see my other post I just made. Incompetent players are in my
    opinion, the #1 cause of TKs. Whether they're the TKer or the person on
    the receiving end. The bottom line is, if a server is setup to ban after
    3 or so kicks for "whatever" infraction, chances are, it's a good thing
    that person was banned.

    Servers have rules. If you don't like their particular rule set, don't
    play there.

    /CF

  29. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    "Colonel_Flagg" <colonel_flagg@NOSOUPFORJ00-internetwarzone.org> wrote in
    message news:MPG.1d3e0c12196174dc9896a8@News-East.newsfeeds.com...
    > In article <Xns9691CB2D376F3higgyslacker@84.92.1.10>,
    > higgyslacker@hotmail.com says...
    >> Erik Max Francis wrote:

    >> > True, but only if the players in question are working for the
    >> > betterment of the team. If the people who are deliberately TKing, or
    >> > are grossly incompetent are kept out, even for short periods of time,
    >> > the team benefits.
    >>
    >> Fair point, but if you take the hard line like Flagg apparently does,
    >> then
    >> you're not just punishing abusive or incompetent players.
    >>

    >> higgy.
    >>

    > I disagree, see my other post I just made. Incompetent players are in my
    > opinion, the #1 cause of TKs. Whether they're the TKer or the person on
    > the receiving end. The bottom line is, if a server is setup to ban after
    > 3 or so kicks for "whatever" infraction, chances are, it's a good thing
    > that person was banned.
    >
    > Servers have rules. If you don't like their particular rule set, don't
    > play there.

    I've found three tks easy to rack up in BF2 without being incompetent.

    I believe I am very competent in BF1942 and DC. I have never been kicked or
    banned. Many of the ranked servers are so laggy, it's easy to have someone
    warp in front of you while shooting or driving. I just wish the players
    would realize this and give the TKer the benefit of the doubt (when such
    doubt exists).
  30. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    "Colonel_Flagg" <colonel_flagg@NOSOUPFORJ00-internetwarzone.org> wrote in
    message news:MPG.1d3e0b57b9d6ee439896a7@News-East.newsfeeds.com...
    > In article <TcTAe.55743$iU.38169@lakeread05>, kevinm817@cox.net says...
    >> However, the punsihments can result in a kick or even a ban for an
    >> accident.
    >> Most of the accidental shootings are the result of a teammate stepping in
    >> the line of fire or the dreaded "red tammate" bug.
    >>

    > Perhaps in BF2 the "red teammate" bug plays a part, not however in
    > Vanilla or one of the Vanilla Mods.
    >
    > If you continually TK, to the point that you're kicked (3) times or so
    > for doing "something", whether it's TK or use foul language, anything
    > that automatically gets you kicked and/or banned after "X" amount of
    > times, you probably deserve it. If you don't think you deserve it,
    > perhaps it was "accidental", then perhaps you should walk a mile in the
    > shoes of the admin, perhaps the admin or the community doesn't want your
    > lame ass around?

    My post only addressed BF2. I have never been kicked or banned in BF42 or
    DC.

    As far as "lame ass", I don't go around firing into crowds of teamates or
    driving through the base at high speeds. All of my tks were the result of
    warping teamates or the red teamate bug.
  31. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    Kevin Murphy wrote:
    > "Colonel_Flagg" <colonel_flagg@NOSOUPFORJ00-internetwarzone.org> wrote in
    > message news:MPG.1d3e0b57b9d6ee439896a7@News-East.newsfeeds.com...
    >
    >>In article <TcTAe.55743$iU.38169@lakeread05>, kevinm817@cox.net says...
    >>
    >>>However, the punsihments can result in a kick or even a ban for an
    >>>accident.
    >>>Most of the accidental shootings are the result of a teammate stepping in
    >>>the line of fire or the dreaded "red tammate" bug.
    >>>

    >>Perhaps in BF2 the "red teammate" bug plays a part, not however in
    >>Vanilla or one of the Vanilla Mods.
    >>
    >>If you continually TK, to the point that you're kicked (3) times or so
    >>for doing "something", whether it's TK or use foul language, anything
    >>that automatically gets you kicked and/or banned after "X" amount of
    >>times, you probably deserve it. If you don't think you deserve it,
    >>perhaps it was "accidental", then perhaps you should walk a mile in the
    >>shoes of the admin, perhaps the admin or the community doesn't want your
    >>lame ass around?
    >

    > My post only addressed BF2. I have never been kicked or banned in BF42 or
    > DC.
    >
    > As far as "lame ass", I don't go around firing into crowds of teamates or
    > driving through the base at high speeds. All of my tks were the result of
    > warping teamates or the red teamate bug.

    From what Flagg has said before he doesn't really play BF2 online so
    his opinions on how you should play should be weighed with that in mind
  32. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    Colonel_Flagg wrote:
    > In article <TcTAe.55743$iU.38169@lakeread05>, kevinm817@cox.net says...

    > If you continually TK, to the point that you're kicked (3) times or so
    > for doing "something", whether it's TK or use foul language, anything
    > that automatically gets you kicked and/or banned after "X" amount of
    > times, you probably deserve it.

    That's exactly the point - I think it is way too easy to TK your mates,
    using the famous electrocuting vehicles. If you run into the side of a
    tank in BF42, you bounce off. In BF2 you die screaming, automatically
    punishing the driver.

    regards,

    Achtung Ecco
  33. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    Of course if some dumb ass tank driver with a gunner on board drives over
    your mine as a couple of teammates are also nearby on foot....

    RobertJM

    "Rasmus Dyhr Frederiksen" <nospam@nospam.no> wrote in message
    > Colonel_Flagg wrote:
    >> In article <TcTAe.55743$iU.38169@lakeread05>, kevinm817@cox.net says...
    >
    >> If you continually TK, to the point that you're kicked (3) times or so
    >> for doing "something", whether it's TK or use foul language, anything
    >> that automatically gets you kicked and/or banned after "X" amount of
    >> times, you probably deserve it.
    >
    > That's exactly the point - I think it is way too easy to TK your mates,
    > using the famous electrocuting vehicles. If you run into the side of a
    > tank in BF42, you bounce off. In BF2 you die screaming, automatically
    > punishing the driver.
    >
    > regards,
    >
    > Achtung Ecco
  34. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    In article <LC%Ae.984$zw4.533@newssvr12.news.prodigy.com>,
    us271934SPAMNYET@yahoo.com says...
    > Kevin Murphy wrote:
    > > "Colonel_Flagg" <colonel_flagg@NOSOUPFORJ00-internetwarzone.org> wrote in
    > > message news:MPG.1d3e0b57b9d6ee439896a7@News-East.newsfeeds.com...
    > >
    > >>In article <TcTAe.55743$iU.38169@lakeread05>, kevinm817@cox.net says...

    > >>Perhaps in BF2 the "red teammate" bug plays a part, not however in
    > >>Vanilla or one of the Vanilla Mods.
    > >>
    > >>If you continually TK, to the point that you're kicked (3) times or so
    > >>for doing "something", whether it's TK or use foul language, anything
    > >>that automatically gets you kicked and/or banned after "X" amount of
    > >>times, you probably deserve it. If you don't think you deserve it,
    > >>perhaps it was "accidental", then perhaps you should walk a mile in the
    > >>shoes of the admin, perhaps the admin or the community doesn't want your
    > >>lame ass around?
    > >

    > > My post only addressed BF2. I have never been kicked or banned in BF42 or
    > > DC.
    > >
    > > As far as "lame ass", I don't go around firing into crowds of teamates or
    > > driving through the base at high speeds. All of my tks were the result of
    > > warping teamates or the red teamate bug.
    > >

    > From what Flagg has said before he doesn't really play BF2 online so
    > his opinions on how you should play should be weighed with that in mind

    i wasnt commenting on BF2, i was commenting on vanilla and the mods, of
    which, i play every day, with much satisfaction.

    /CF

  35. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    In article <op.stvdksvzkw08ou@default>, Flashhart@spamtrap.no says...
    > Driving over friendly mines should be considered suicide not TK.

    Yes.
    --
    "Don't argue with idiots. They'll drag you down to their level and
    beat you with experience."

    Tiny Pat wrote:
    > In article <op.stvdksvzkw08ou@default>, Flashhart@spamtrap.no says...
    >
    >>Driving over friendly mines should be considered suicide not TK.
    >

    > Yes.
    How about it counting as a TK against the suicider :-)
  37. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    "Colonel_Flagg" <colonel_flagg@NOSOUPFORJ00-internetwarzone.org> wrote in
    message news:MPG.1d3e0b57b9d6ee439896a7@News-East.newsfeeds.com...
    > In article <TcTAe.55743$iU.38169@lakeread05>, kevinm817@cox.net says...
    >> However, the punsihments can result in a kick or even a ban for an
    >> accident.
    >> Most of the accidental shootings are the result of a teammate stepping in
    >> the line of fire or the dreaded "red tammate" bug.
    >>

    > Perhaps in BF2 the "red teammate" bug plays a part, not however in
    > Vanilla or one of the Vanilla Mods.
    >
    > If you continually TK, to the point that you're kicked (3) times or so
    > for doing "something", whether it's TK or use foul language, anything
    > that automatically gets you kicked and/or banned after "X" amount of
    > times, you probably deserve it. If you don't think you deserve it,
    > perhaps it was "accidental", then perhaps you should walk a mile in the
    > shoes of the admin, perhaps the admin or the community doesn't want your
    > lame ass around?

    Ok, Flagg, you've never played BF2 and you're commenting on something that
    you've never played. My fault for not being specific about BF2 being the
    subject but then again it should be apparent.

    In BF2, it's easy to rack up quite a few accidental TKs, as others have
    said. Happened again the other day. I'm flying an unarmed chopper, going
    back to repair commander assets. I'm flying straight and level and I am
    rammed by an ascending chopper. I am killed along with the three mates in
    the chopper. Unbeknownst to me, I am deemed a teamkiller by the game and all
    three mates punished me. My entire score was wiped out.

    When I complained, one of them swore I intentionally hit them. I'm not that
    good a pilot to place my aircraft in front of another at the right time,
    just so I can be the fortunate victim of a TK punish.

    They knew it was an accident but chose to punish just to take a "shot" at
    someone. It's just like in Ultima Online when there was an occasional bug
    that caused a player to go "gray" and allow other players to freely attack
    them. They would do it just for the free shot.

    IMHO, BF2 is just too buggy to allow TK punishes. They need to clean it up a
    bit.
  38. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    "Colonel_Flagg" <colonel_flagg@NOSOUPFORJ00-internetwarzone.org> wrote in
    message news:MPG.1d3f6f1f102d87269896aa@News-East.newsfeeds.com...

    > i wasnt commenting on BF2, i was commenting on vanilla and the mods, of
    > which, i play every day, with much satisfaction.

    I have no problem with BF42, DC or any of the other mods. Any TK I had was
    rare.
  39. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    "Jez" <iced_spear@NODAMNSPAMpipex.com> wrote in message

    > Then, how could I be so evil to actually not forgive someone for screwing
    > up my attack.
    >
    > I usually don't punish TK, but sometimes.......sometimes.....just
    > sometimes.......it seems appropriate !

    That's part of the problem that's growing, though. People are punishing TKs
    as a way to punish bad tactics. That's not what it's for; it's for
    deliberate TKs which was such a problem in BF42 that the vast majority of
    servers just ran with friendly fire disabled or, at best, partially disabled
    (like friendly fire only did 50% damange). So now the 'sequel' allows a way
    for people to swing back at those deliberate TK asses. But, instead, people
    are punishing for every single thing that goes wrong for them.

    I've been trying *really* hard not to punish unless I know it was
    deliberate. There are lots of times where I've got my finger on that
    page-down key and I'm seething over how some idiot just killed me. But I've
    been doing pretty good at just hitting the page-up key and putting it out of
    mind.

    I've also noticed I never see *any* apologies when somebody TKs me, even if
    I don't punish. I think when people TK, they now figure they're going to
    get punished no matter what, so why bother with a Sorry.
  40. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 12:56:34 +0100, Jez wrote:

    > I usually don't punish TK, but sometimes.......sometimes.....just
    > sometimes.......it seems appropriate !
    >
    > :)

    I don't blame you for punishing him!

    If I think part of it was my fault (i.e. I didn't look both left _and_
    right before crossing the road *g*) then I'll let them off. If somebody
    flies over when I'm sitting next to an enemy flag and drops a barrage of
    bombs over me, then I'm typically less forgiving.

    I almost always let them off however if they can go to the effort of
    pressing Q, moving the mouse to 'Sorry' and clicking. Just a bit of
    courtesy would go a long way!

    --
    Omnix, PunksBusted Staff
    Building a safer gaming community, one server at a time

    e: omnix@punksbusted.com w: http://www.punksbusted.com
  41. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    In article <GsydndYtrq_v2kffRVnyhQ@pipex.net>, iced_spear@NODAMNSPAMpipex.com
    says...
    > I usually don't punish TK, but sometimes.......sometimes.....just
    > sometimes.......it seems appropriate !

    What the push of 1 button can inflict :-))
    --
    "Don't argue with idiots. They'll drag you down to their level and
    beat you with experience."
  42. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    In article <fvudnTDUmspl0EffRVn-hA@giganews.com>, noham@nospam.com says...
    > I've been trying *really* hard not to punish unless I know it was
    > deliberate. There are lots of times where I've got my finger on that
    > page-down key and I'm seething over how some idiot just killed me. But I've
    > been doing pretty good at just hitting the page-up key and putting it out of
    > mind.

    i am also leaning towards a No punish.
    Some time ago somebody ran me over and i did not punish him,was also glad i
    did not because he really apologised afterwards.
    If i did punish him i could feel bad afterwards.
    --
    "Don't argue with idiots. They'll drag you down to their level and
    beat you with experience."
  43. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    In article <pan.2005.07.17.12.51.11.851667@dont.punksbusted.spam.com>,
    omnix@dont.punksbusted.spam.com says...
    > I almost always let them off however if they can go to the effort of
    > pressing Q, moving the mouse to 'Sorry' and clicking. Just a bit of
    > courtesy would go a long way!

    i even use teamchat to say "sorry mate" :-)
    --
    "Don't argue with idiots. They'll drag you down to their level and
    beat you with experience."
  44. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    In article <mcvCe.161792$_o.42885@attbi_s71>, m.tamblynREMOVE@mchsi.com
    says...
    > trouble is that BF2 servers remember the number of Tks you do over
    > several maps,
    > so accidents add up and you can get an auto ban from the server,
    > this happened to me on the AGB server when we were running it
    > passworded, when the BF2 demo came out, and we were getting to grips
    > with the game.
    > driving and or piloting a vehicle with team mates and the TKs add up if
    > you crash off a bridge due to lag or almost get shot down and crash.

    hihi ,happend to me also.
    Was learning Commander mode ,"Shot Over!" :-)
    Does not happen that much now pffffff "holding wood"
    --
    "Don't argue with idiots. They'll drag you down to their level and
    beat you with experience."
  45. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    Colonel_Flagg wrote:
    > In article <vDZCe.526$9D1.134@newssvr25.news.prodigy.net>,

    > i don't get along with people that do agree with me.
    >
    > i am the most unprejudiced redneck you will ever meet. i hate everyone
    > equally to begin with and start liking only a very select few over a
    > period of weeks.

    Have you read any of the SF books by John Ringo. One of them has a
    memorable quote: "That's what you get when you let rednecks play with
    anti-matter" (a rather over the top weapons system). Recommended, if you
    are into military sf.

    regards,

    Achtung Ecco

Servers Video Games