Uploading music to 6230

Tags:
Last response: in Brands
Share
March 3, 2005 2:55:42 PM

I know you probably think this is a daft question, but I've had this phone
for a few months now and would like to start using some of the features ,
specifically I would like to know if it's possible to make a ring tone from
an audio track and how to do it , and also how do I download tracks to the
nmc card , I have nokia pc suite and bluetooth on the pc so in theory I have
the tools to start the job, just don't know how
Cheers

p.s I know I can use drag and drop to get things onto the card but I keep
getting an unsupported file format message , what file format do I use and
how do I convert my audio / cd files

More about : uploading music 6230

March 3, 2005 9:19:27 PM

you can simply upload an mp3 file to the phone. then set that as a ringtone
using the Gallery option.

if you want to get really technical (not) you can use an mp3 trim program
and set a section of song as your message alert.

"len" <len.thecourts@virgin.net> wrote in message

> I know you probably think this is a daft question, but I've had this phone
> for a few months now and would like to start using some of the features ,
> specifically I would like to know if it's possible to make a ring tone
> from an audio track and how to do it , and also how do I download tracks
> to the nmc card , I have nokia pc suite and bluetooth on the pc so in
> theory I have the tools to start the job, just don't know how
> Cheers
>
> p.s I know I can use drag and drop to get things onto the card but I keep
> getting an unsupported file format message , what file format do I use and
> how do I convert my audio / cd files

Anonymous
March 3, 2005 9:59:10 PM

I dont think its a daft question but try this web site for some real good
help and user guides on the 6230. Shame not to put this technology to good
use.

http://www.mobymemory.co.uk/

The site has been on here before which is what made me get the 6230 (
yesterday as it happens ) and yes i know the 6230i is just out. Will have to
wait until next year for that.

Next months fix, a 1gig mmc card hopefully :-)

sb

!