Uploading music to 6230

I know you probably think this is a daft question, but I've had this phone
for a few months now and would like to start using some of the features ,
specifically I would like to know if it's possible to make a ring tone from
an audio track and how to do it , and also how do I download tracks to the
nmc card , I have nokia pc suite and bluetooth on the pc so in theory I have
the tools to start the job, just don't know how
Cheers

p.s I know I can use drag and drop to get things onto the card but I keep
getting an unsupported file format message , what file format do I use and
how do I convert my audio / cd files
2 answers Last reply
More about uploading music 6230

    you can simply upload an mp3 file to the phone. then set that as a ringtone
    using the Gallery option.

    if you want to get really technical (not) you can use an mp3 trim program
    and set a section of song as your message alert.

    "len" <len.thecourts@virgin.net> wrote in message

    > I know you probably think this is a daft question, but I've had this phone
    > for a few months now and would like to start using some of the features ,
    > specifically I would like to know if it's possible to make a ring tone
    > from an audio track and how to do it , and also how do I download tracks
    > to the nmc card , I have nokia pc suite and bluetooth on the pc so in
    > theory I have the tools to start the job, just don't know how
    > Cheers
    >
    > p.s I know I can use drag and drop to get things onto the card but I keep
    > getting an unsupported file format message , what file format do I use and
    > how do I convert my audio / cd files

    I dont think its a daft question but try this web site for some real good
    help and user guides on the 6230. Shame not to put this technology to good
    use.

    http://www.mobymemory.co.uk/

    The site has been on here before which is what made me get the 6230 (
    yesterday as it happens ) and yes i know the 6230i is just out. Will have to
    wait until next year for that.

    Next months fix, a 1gig mmc card hopefully :-)

    sb

    "len" <len.thecourts@virgin.net> wrote in message

    > I know you probably think this is a daft question, but I've had this phone
    > for a few months now and would like to start using some of the features ,
    > specifically I would like to know if it's possible to make a ring tone
    > from an audio track and how to do it , and also how do I download tracks
    > to the nmc card , I have nokia pc suite and bluetooth on the pc so in
    > theory I have the tools to start the job, just don't know how
    > Cheers
    >
    > p.s I know I can use drag and drop to get things onto the card but I keep
    > getting an unsupported file format message , what file format do I use and
    > how do I convert my audio / cd files

Nokia