Sign in with
Your question

Calculator Computer

Last response: in Systems
January 7, 2013 11:22:28 PM

Hey guys. I've been thinking of building a simple computer made using cheap calculators as the main ALU. I have also though up a pretty crude version of a hard drive. If anyone would like to participate or contribute it would be very appreciated. If this is in the wrong category I will have it moved or removed.

More about : calculator computer

January 8, 2013 1:23:13 PM

Hey guys! Any help would be appreciated! I can post pics of my calculator if you want!
January 8, 2013 1:45:16 PM

computerdudemike said:
Hey guys. I've been thinking of building a simple computer made using cheap calculators as the main ALU. I have also though up a pretty crude version of a hard drive. If anyone would like to participate or contribute it would be very appreciated. If this is in the wrong category I will have it moved or removed.

you have to purchase one of the TI model calculators or the awesome scientific calculators from the dollar store and connect to via curcuit board to get a connection
Related resources
January 8, 2013 1:45:37 PM

computerdudemike said:

you have to purchase one of the TI model calculators or the awesome scientific calculators from the dollar store and connect to via curcuit board to get a connection
January 8, 2013 1:53:03 PM

What do you mean "and connect via circuit board to get a connection" get a connection to what? A monitor? I'm trying to take the signal from one calculator (the answer) and jolt the wire on another calculator to have it show up on calculator #2. For example, if the answer on one calculator is 42, I want is to be displayed on the second one to be converted to ASCII.
January 8, 2013 1:59:02 PM

the calculator has to be programmed towards both alu's via wire.. i have built one myself.. they are great for school work if you get it working with ASCII.
January 8, 2013 2:02:10 PM

The alu is enclosed. In this picture the black dome encloses the ALU processor. How do I put photos in?
!