Sign in with
Your question

Neew help for this GPU....

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 24, 2012 1:31:35 AM

I am planning to build my first PC and wondering about these two cards. can help me which is best and what are the pro's and con's of each if possible. I am not a total gamer but i wanted to play Battlefield and other games. can someone educate me with this two Graphics Cards. Here are the two cards.

PowerColor PCS+ AX7870 2GBD5-2DHPPV GHz Ed (Vortex II Ed.) 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCIE 3.0 CrossFireX Support

and

SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition OC 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support

More about : neew gpu

November 24, 2012 1:59:45 AM

GTX 680 FTW+ 4gb
m
l
November 24, 2012 2:06:38 AM

RockSmasher said:
GTX 680 FTW+ 4gb

looks good but price is too high. can't afford the GTX 680 lol. but thanks anyway.
m
l
Related resources
November 24, 2012 2:17:32 AM

So.. your dilemma is should you pick 7870 of company A or company B?

Thats the simplest problem you can have- pick the cheaper one, or the one with longer warranty. If they're both the same, pick OC version.

OC version is unlikely to be more than 5% faster, witch translates into- you're not going to notice it being faster in games, but the price or warranty- you might.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
November 24, 2012 2:32:39 AM

What games you are going to play? If you'll play BF3, Crysis 2 etc games then GTX 660 Ti performs better.

But if you'll play Skyrim, Dirt Showdown etc, then 7870 is better.
m
l
November 24, 2012 3:18:31 AM

eodeo said:
So.. your dilemma is should you pick 7870 of company A or company B?

Thats the simplest problem you can have- pick the cheaper one, or the one with longer warranty. If they're both the same, pick OC version.

OC version is unlikely to be more than 5% faster, witch translates into- you're not going to notice it being faster in games, but the price or warranty- you might.

i think that's it. it's between A or B product. because i don't know much about Graphics Cards. so they're not the same which is Sapphire is Ghz Edition OC while PowerColor is only Ghz Edition. so i better go to Sapphire even though PowerColor is a lil bit more high on core clock.
m
l
!