jasiel21

Honorable
Jan 4, 2013
Rate my Build 1-10

Will be used for:
Gaming while recording with Fraps
Video Editing for YouTube
School stuff etc...

CPU: Intel Core i5-3470 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor ($179.99 @ NCIX US)
Motherboard: ASRock H77M Micro ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($64.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($44.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($64.99 @ NCIX US)
Video Card: MSI Radeon HD 7850 2GB Video Card ($179.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Fractal Design Core 1000 MicroATX Mini Tower Case ($39.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: Corsair Builder 600W 80 PLUS Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($59.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $624.93

Also answer these in order please

Is it good for those activities listed above?

Is HIS good brand?

First build im scared, how easy is it to screw up and break something for first time builders?

What videos you recomend to watch before hand to learn (i already watched the newegg one but I want to make sure i dont screw up)

How much time will it take?

is NCIX US a trustworthy store?

thanks before hand I might have some more questions later

Solution
In the sticky at the top of the forum is a link to a tutorial. I think I have some tutorials linked from the guide in my sig also.

Good build, a few minor changes:

A better PSU at a better price
Antec Neo Eco 520C
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817371030

A bit better case with front USB 3.0 ports and another fan
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811147166

You still need an optical drive.

Yes, good build

HIS is just fine for GPUs. EVGA, MSI, Gigabyte, Sapphire are all good choices. Asus GPUs too.

Follow directions. Be careful. Don't be impatient or in a hurry, walk away at least once.

First time build, at least 4 hours. Maybe 6. Assembling parts is not so long, there are only going to be...
In the sticky at the top of the forum is a link to a tutorial. I think I have some tutorials linked from the guide in my sig also.

Good build, a few minor changes:

A better PSU at a better price
Antec Neo Eco 520C
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817371030

A bit better case with front USB 3.0 ports and another fan
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811147166

You still need an optical drive.

Yes, good build

HIS is just fine for GPUs. EVGA, MSI, Gigabyte, Sapphire are all good choices. Asus GPUs too.

Follow directions. Be careful. Don't be impatient or in a hurry, walk away at least once.

First time build, at least 4 hours. Maybe 6. Assembling parts is not so long, there are only going to be 7 or 8 parts, but you want to read manuals and you'll spend a lot of time reviewing those. Then there is the OS installation. After the installation there are updates, programs to install like anti-virus.

NCIX has been operating in Canada for many years. They recently came to the US. They are very dependable.

Solution

admbautista

Honorable
Oct 29, 2012
1. It's a great build for that budget and with your choice of activities. If you would ask me to make you a build, It would be most likely similar to that.

2. Yes, HIS is a good brand, I own HIS cards. They are known for having one of the coolest cards today. I personally have a HIS 7950 iceqx2 boost and was impressed on my temps, maxing only to 58c. Others though of their cards before as very cool but a bit noisy, but I think its not that noisy It is just that other cards are too damn quiet. But their coolers today improved alot much cooler, and much quieter. That's just my opinion with HIS.

3. I understand you man, but building a pc is only like building a toy, lets say, a robot. Just make sure you put the parts on the right place and just be careful. stuffs like, make sure you are grounded etc. and your good to go.

4. There are alot of videos on youtube I guess. Any of those will do, just check the comments or ratings first.

5. For first time, most probably between 1-2 hrs? depends on you. :D

6. I think so, not in the US man, but I think so since I've heard alot of NCIS.

jasiel21

Honorable
Jan 4, 2013

The case says mini case is that good? i think mid size is better?

You have a mATX board chosen so getting a case to match is not a bad idea. There really is no reason for you to have something larger, and smaller means more portable. In some ways it can be easier to work on.

If you really want a big case, just because, that's OK too.

jasiel21

Honorable
Jan 4, 2013

well i want a medium sized case as i am going to be upgrading on the future and yeah could u guys help me pick up a nice mobo since im a total noob its gonna be my first build (im 16) and a case also pls

srry for asking for so much i literally dont know much except the stuff i have read