NEW MONITOR HELP (UPGRADING)

I currently own a LG lcd monitor:
http://www.lg.com/us/monitors/lg-W2043T-PF-lcd-monitor

and am wanting to upgrade but I don't know if it is worth it if I was going to get a 1080p monitor (Would need something suitable for gaming). Is it worth the upgrade? What monitor would you recommend? Should I get a higher resolution monitor then 1080p?

Thanks

P.S I still will be using the old monitor in a dual screen setup.
5 answers Last reply
More about monitor upgrading
  1. Are you expecting a 3d monitor???If your VGA card is good at gaming and with high performance settings then there's no problem of buying 1080p monitor
  2. What's your vga card??
  3. What are your computer specs?

I wouldn't bother getting higher than 1080p, but if you can do it, a 120hz monitor would be extremely nice.

That being said, you will notice the difference between the two resolutions - that's roughly what I came from, and 1600x900 looks awful to me now.
  4. DarkSable said:
    What are your computer specs?

I wouldn't bother getting higher than 1080p, but if you can do it, a 120hz monitor would be extremely nice.

That being said, you will notice the difference between the two resolutions - that's roughly what I came from, and 1600x900 looks awful to me now.

Will it put extra stress on vga card if we use monitor with higher refresh rate???
  5. ^Well... yes...

You're running at 120 frames a second instead of 60. Of course it will take more power. It wouldn't take more power if he's rendering 120 frames anyways, due to not having vsync on, on a 60hz monitor.
Ask a new question

Read More

Nvidia LCD Monitor Monitors Graphics