I plan to spend around 300. First off, Id like to make sure that a new model version is not about to come out in a month and if it makes sense to wait as the current model will obviously be cheaper then. To be honest I'm a NVIDIA person(though as does happened once in a while ATI does have the better product and in that case im willing to bite my lip and go with ATI lol). Do date, except for maybe one time all my GPUs were Nvidia (they have fix the one problem they had 10 yrs ago, the drivers).
I'm planning to build a new PC with probably an i7-3770K or i5-3570K (have not made up my mind 100% yet).
The 2 other huge options left are the GPU and MOBO (hoping to use the mem from my current PC and that goes for other parts as well to save cost)
Generally I try to buy hardware thats "most bang for the buck"