Solved

$700 PC build compatibility help!

7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about build compatibility help
  1. This topic has been moved from the section CPU & Components to section Systems by Mousemonkey
  2. 1. Your buying a intel chipset board, might as well change your cpu to intel.
    If your not gonna overclock, might as well change also the board to a h77 board, an asrock h77m will do, and ill go with a i5 3470. if you don't have the budget them go down to i3 3220.
    If you'll overclock, get a i5 3570k. and add a cooler, a hyper 212 evo will do. A fast look also, i noticed you picked a atx board, Change also the board to asrock z77m. or any matx z77 board. since the case you want is for matx.

    2. Change your power supply, go with higher tier psus, check this out, http://www.eggxpert.com/forums/permalink/323050/323050/ShowThread.aspx#323050.
    You'll see that the psu you picked, Ultra LSP, is on tier 5. Get a psu on tier1/2. a corsair/seasonic will do.
  3. Mousemonkey said:
    This topic has been moved from the section CPU & Components to section Systems by Mousemonkey

    Thank you I'm new and I didn't know where to put this under. :)
  4. admbautista said:
    1. Your buying a intel chipset board, might as well change your cpu to intel.
    If your not gonna overclock, might as well change also the board to a h77 board, an asrock h77m will do, and ill go with a i5 3470. if you don't have the budget them go down to i3 3220.
    If you'll overclock, get a i5 3570k. and add a cooler, a hyper 212 evo will do. A fast look also, i noticed you picked a atx board, Change also the board to asrock z77m. or any matx z77 board. since the case you want is for matx.

    2. Change your power supply, go with higher tier psus, check this out, http://www.eggxpert.com/forums/permalink/323050/323050/ShowThread.aspx#323050.
    You'll see that the psu you picked, Ultra LSP, is on tier 5. Get a psu on tier1/2. a corsair/seasonic will do.


    I"m Still a bit confused about the board and power supply and I'm still deciding on the graphics card, but besides those would these parts be compatible? (this is my first build bear with me lol)

    http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=5083567&Sku=L12-1344 - DVD drive

    http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1083959&CatId=2459 - hard drive

    http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=5520044&Sku=T925-3018 - case

    http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2373004&sku=I69-3570K - possessor

    http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=7104116&csid=_61 - memory

    http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4434989&CatId=493 - fan

    The fan you mention hyper evo 212 was not is stock in my area but would that fan I chose work okay for the possessor?
  5. Best answer
    Take a look at www.pcpartpicker.com to select your parts, it will give you the best price for each one and a list you can post so that people don't have to click the individual link for each part. (when you visit that site, change the drop-down in the top right corner to Canada). Also note that New Egg is available in Canada at www.newegg.ca.
  6. saganiuk said:
    Take a look at www.pcpartpicker.com to select your parts, it will give you the best price for each one and a list you can post so that people don't have to click the individual link for each part. (when you visit that site, change the drop-down in the top right corner to Canada). Also note that New Egg is available in Canada at www.newegg.ca.


    I know that but i want to go to the store myself and pick up the parts, I'm not very fond of shipping but thank you for the help!
  7. Best answer selected by mradrianaslani.
Ask a new question

Read More

Build Compatibility Systems Product