New Build to take Full Advantage of a 27" Monitor 2560 x 1440

G

Hello, I'm looking for build recommendations for a new computer. My ultimate goal is to take full advantage of a 27" monitor that I'm planning to buy. More specifically using it more importantly for watching movies first, then casual gaming, and then more common things like surfing the web and all. All at 2560 x 1440 if possible.

Also, I was thinking on this build, and wanted to know if it's okay? Your recommendations to change it? Or would a totally different build would be better?

This is the build I'm planning on buying:

CPU: AMD FX AMD FX-8150 28.8Ghz (3.6Ghz x 8)
Mother board: Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
RAM Memory: Corsair DDR3 8GB X1 1600Mhz Vengeance
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 7750 1GB DDR5
Case: NZXT Lexa S Crafted Black Neon Blue
Power Supply: CoolerMaster ExtremE EX2 Power Plus 525W

The monitor I'll buy is: Dell UltraSharp U2713HM 27"

Thank you!

Solution
7870 will be Very good.
You'll not be able to Max Out but for even Casual Gaming it is good.

You'll easily play with Medium settings without AA.

And you don't need AA to be turned on when you are on 1440p resolution. ;)
G

Thank you for your comments guys. They've been very helpful.

I didn't know it was an old gen CPU, yeah I think I'll do change it for an i5 series. Also, I thought CoolerMaster was a good brand overall, thanks for letting me know that their PSUs are not. And about the graphic card, yeah, I plan on using the PC for what I thought is very casual gaming, because the most demanding game I'm planning to try is StarCraft II and according to what I've read is not that demanding as other games.

To be safe I think I'll do change the graphic card, thanks for your recommendations. But I found that an ATI Radeon HD7870 is more suited to my budget, is it good?

Well, I didn't know it was a low end machine, but I hope with those changes it work better with the monitor.

Thanks again!

Sumukh_Bhagat

Honorable
Nov 11, 2012
7870 will be Very good.
You'll not be able to Max Out but for even Casual Gaming it is good.

You'll easily play with Medium settings without AA.

And you don't need AA to be turned on when you are on 1440p resolution. ;)

Solution