ICC profiles resetting - Zenbook Prime

baracubra

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2008
Hey guys,

I got myself a Zenbook Prime UX31A this summer for uni and it's been terrific! The 1080 ips in it is drop-dead gorgeous when calibrated. However, it keeps resetting to the factoy default (highly annoying yellowish hue) whenever something happens to the display. Namely, when it goes into sleep, hibernate, restart, log-off/log-on or even just windws lock/unlock. Basically anything.

The Zenbook comes with the Intel HD4000 igpu. The solution everyone around the web is stating is to enter msconfig and disable the Intel(R) Common interface startup entries. However, even after I do this and reboot, the issue persists. The ICC profile is set as default and the box is checked to "use windows display caibration." The correct calibbrated profile loads when I log-on, but after a few second it's reverted back to default as my desktop loads. I'm at a loss of what else to try, and searching around the web doesnt help because every article ends with the ^^ above solution to disable that startup entry.

Any ideas?
Cheers - Bara

d1gw33d

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2006
No replies? I'm getting the same thing. When resuming from sleep or hibernate it reverts to this very warm color profile. I have only 1 windows icc and its the one I want. This just started a couple days ago and I have no idea how. Nothing has been changed, no updates installed, etc. Quite frustrating as this warm profile looks like garbage.

baracubra

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2008
It seems this isn't a highly interesting topic. But the problem persists! I have been searching hours and hours to do with this absolutely stupid glitch, no results still.

However I did find an incredibly useful little tool that allows you to change the background color of Windows Photo Viewer/Live Photo Gallery from the blinding white to anything you like:
http://winaero.com/download.php?view.35

baracubra

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2008

Hey, it seems I've finally SOLVED it!!!! I've been going absolutely insane with this problem!!! I contacted Asus about it but they have yet to respond. Anyway, people around the web say that the icc profile resetting is caused by the Intel(R) Common interface startup entry - specifically the igfxpers.exe module. However, this startup entry didnt exist for me, so I couldn't disable it...

Seeing as I got no proper advice or help from others, I decided to try and narrow down the problem myself. I went through all of my couple hundred startup entries to see which one caused the icc reset. I first disabled all of my entries, and then re-enabled them in batches of 10 to narrow down the perpetrator.

It turns out that it was the 'Adobe Acrobat,' and 'Adobe Reader and Acrobat Manager' startup entries!!!
They gave me a f**king runaround though because both/either of them revert my icc profiles, and they were in different batches. So, when I thought I finally found the problem child, I disabled it, enabled all the others, reboot, and voila, reset again! Anyway eventually I found that it was these two that were causing the problems.

To anyone else reading this who might have a similar problems but disabling the Adobe entries didn't help, try narrowing it down like I mentioned above. It could be any innocent looking program that unsuspectingly resets your icc's! I know it's time consuming but hey, if it annoys you enough, you'll find the time! :p

Cheers, Bara

minsou

Honorable
May 3, 2013
Hello i found the screen too yellowish, could you provide us your icc file ?