Nokia 9500 features?

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

Morning,

Orange (UK) finally have the 9500 on their site as
"coming soon". It is at:
http://shop.orange.co.uk/shop/show/handset/nokia_9500/

On the features page:
http://shop.orange.co.uk/shop/show/handset/nokia_9500/features
they list predictive text input, vibrating alert and
voice activated dialling as features, whereas I
thought the 9500 had none of these three.

Can anyone with a 9500 confirm or deny this?
Is it possible that Orange have a later version of
the phone from Nokia?

Thanks in advance,
Al Reynolds
7 answers Last reply
More about nokia 9500 features
  1. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

    "Al Reynolds" <ajr-news@bat400.com> writes:

    > On the features page:
    > http://shop.orange.co.uk/shop/show/handset/nokia_9500/features
    > they list predictive text input, vibrating alert and
    > voice activated dialling as features, whereas I
    > thought the 9500 had none of these three.

    I believe whatever marketing person wrote that copy was smoking crack at
    the time...

    --woodstock
    --
    It's funny how you can go through life thinking you've seen
    everything... Then you suddenly realize there are millions of things

    On Fri, 4 Mar 2005 09:02:49 -0000, Al Reynolds wrote:

    > Morning,
    >
    > Orange (UK) finally have the 9500 on their site as
    > "coming soon". It is at:
    > http://shop.orange.co.uk/shop/show/handset/nokia_9500/
    >
    > On the features page:
    > http://shop.orange.co.uk/shop/show/handset/nokia_9500/features
    > they list predictive text input, vibrating alert and
    > voice activated dialling as features, whereas I
    > thought the 9500 had none of these three.
    >
    > Can anyone with a 9500 confirm or deny this?
    > Is it possible that Orange have a later version of
    > the phone from Nokia?
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    > Al Reynolds

    Well my 9500 (Voda) certainly doesn't!

    --
    Regards
    Barry

    On Fri, 4 Mar 2005 09:02:49 -0000, Al Reynolds cross-posted:

    > On the features page:
    > http://shop.orange.co.uk/shop/show/handset/nokia_9500/features
    > they list predictive text input, vibrating alert and
    > voice activated dialling as features, whereas I
    > thought the 9500 had none of these three.
    >
    > Can anyone with a 9500 confirm or deny this?

    My SIM free one doesn't have any of these. Voice dialling and predictive
    text might have been added to a later version of the software. Vibrating
    alert is a bit more difficult though - maybe they've found some unused
    space in the case. ;) No other communicator has had vibrating alert AFAIK.

    LJ
  4. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

    I emailed Orange Customer Services:

    > Hi, please can you confirm the Nokia 9500 really does have predictive text,
    > vibrating alert and voice dialling as shown here:
    > http://shop.orange.co.uk/shop/show/handset/nokia_9500/features
    > My SIM-free 9500 doesn't have any of those features!

    And they've just replied:

    > Thank you for your mail.
    >
    > I can confirm that the Orange version of the Nokia 9500 does have the features
    > described in your mail.
    >
    > I trust this information is of assistance.
    >
    > Kind regards
    >
    > Ruth
    > Orange Customer Services

    Make of that what you will.

    Maybe I should email twice more... ;)

    LJ
  5. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

    "LJ" <ljnws@ljayNOSPAM.gro.ku> wrote:
    >I emailed Orange Customer Services:
    >
    >> Hi, please can you confirm the Nokia 9500 really does have predictive
    >> text,
    >> vibrating alert and voice dialling as shown here:
    >> http://shop.orange.co.uk/shop/show/handset/nokia_9500/features
    >> My SIM-free 9500 doesn't have any of those features!
    >
    > And they've just replied:
    >
    >> Thank you for your mail.
    >>
    >> I can confirm that the Orange version of the Nokia 9500 does have the
    >> features
    >> described in your mail.
    >>
    >> I trust this information is of assistance.
    >>
    >> Kind regards
    >>
    >> Ruth
    >> Orange Customer Services
    >
    > Make of that what you will.
    >
    > Maybe I should email twice more... ;)

    I bet they checked their own website just to make sure!
    Al
  6. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

    On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 09:21:00 -0000, Al Reynolds wrote:

    > I bet they checked their own website just to make sure!
    > Al

    Sure looks like it:

    - Thank you for your mail received 18 March regarding the Nokia 9500.
    -
    - I would like to advise that the above phone has the following features.
    -
    - Bluetooth Photo Messaging Chat Messaging Polyphonic Ringtones
    - Concatenated Messages Predictive Text DTMF Tones Tri-Band GPRS
    - Vibrating Alert HSCSD Voice Dialling Infrared Voice Recorder
    - Loudspeaker WAP
    -
    - For further information on Orange products and services please visit our
    - website, orange.co.uk.
    -
    - For all other information please call the help desk on 07973 100 150 for
    - pay monthly, or 07973 100 450 for pay as you go where a reppresentative
    - will be pleased to assist. Our operators are available 24 hours a day 7
    - days a week.
    -
    - I trust the above information is of assistance.
    -
    - Kind regards
    -
    - Tracy
    - Orange Customer Services

    Doh!

    LJ
  7. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

    This maybe a bit late but my Orange 9500 has none of the features, infact it
    has less Orange customisation than any other phone I have got from them.

    Alan

    "LJ" <ljnws@ljayNOSPAM.gro.ku> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 09:21:00 -0000, Al Reynolds wrote:
    >>
    >> I bet they checked their own website just to make sure!
    >> Al
    >
    > Sure looks like it:
    >
    > - Thank you for your mail received 18 March regarding the Nokia 9500.
    > -
    > - I would like to advise that the above phone has the following features.
    > -
    > - Bluetooth Photo Messaging Chat Messaging Polyphonic Ringtones
    > - Concatenated Messages Predictive Text DTMF Tones Tri-Band GPRS
    > - Vibrating Alert HSCSD Voice Dialling Infrared Voice Recorder
    > - Loudspeaker WAP
    > -
    > - For further information on Orange products and services please visit our
    > - website, orange.co.uk.
    > -
    > - For all other information please call the help desk on 07973 100 150 for
    > - pay monthly, or 07973 100 450 for pay as you go where a reppresentative
    > - will be pleased to assist. Our operators are available 24 hours a day 7
    > - days a week.
    > -
    > - I trust the above information is of assistance.
    > -
    > - Kind regards
    > -
    > - Tracy