Tags:
  • PowerColor
  • Motherboards
  • HD
  • Intel
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 24, 2012 12:18:59 PM

I just bought the PowerColor HD 7770 GHz Edition, but i am concerned on whether it can fit on my Intel DH61CR motherboard. I'm hoping someone maybe has tried installing similarly sized graphics card on the same kind of board as i do (which is similar in layout to a DH61CR)

While i admit this may be a huge oversight on my part, one other factor in this is that it's hard to get a good deal on hardware in the area where i am.

I had to rely on a relative who was taking a short vacation out of town to purchase this for me, and i was too excited to think about it at that time. :D 

Here's the motherboard layout:

My concern is that the SATA ports might get in the way with this being longer than my soon-to-be replaced MSI R5670 below:

In comparison, the HD 7770 is longer, and will take up 2 slots worth of space in width:

Soooo.... has anyone had experience in installing it on the same board and succeeded? Or am i gonna be out of luck and probably out of money because i might need a new board? :) 

More about : powercolor 7770 fitting intel dh61cr motherboard

Best solution

a b V Motherboard
November 24, 2012 1:13:01 PM

You will be fine :) . It shouldn't reach the sata ports. Even if it does, you'll have 2 more ports.
November 25, 2012 7:36:01 AM

Thanks for the reply Sunius. I'm pretty optimistic, even more right now. We'll find out in an hour or so. It's now on its way.....

:p 
Score
Related resources
November 25, 2012 11:12:39 AM

It fits! Going to try some of the games and admire the difference.

I have 3 HDDs hooked up though. Would that pose to be a problem with the 450W PSU that i have, now that i have one using the 6-pin connector for PCI-E?
Score
November 25, 2012 12:12:12 PM

Best answer selected by AzmoD3uS.
Score
a b V Motherboard
November 25, 2012 4:09:41 PM

No, not really.
Score
!