Hi Guys?? Could you please help me in tis issue? My PC sht downs automatically w

kalyan90

Honorable
Jan 8, 2013
My Specs are:

Core 2 Duo processor
ATI HD5770 Graphic
700W Huntkey branded PSU
1000 va UPS Numeric UPS
ASUS P5N73 AM mbo

I'm sure that I dont have a problem with mt Cooling system coz I have tried opening the side panel and keeping a fan.

have checked and does not observe heat.. I did this trial yesterday..
But curious thing is it gets shut down only during evening when i Play..
In morning it is fine?

Things I have done so far:

REmoved side panels and kept aside a fan
Got a UPS 1000 Va Numeric
Checked with temp rise feels ok
Assume SMPS is working good coz I ve checked it with a local electrician..
Is there some other solutions?

Can somebody suggest me some other solution?
Because PSU is also fine 700 W which is more than enough to support high Garphic..

hytecgowthaman

Honorable
Nov 28, 2012
If u r system (processor,gpu,smps)fan has any damage the system overheat quickly so protect from more damage the system shutdown without any error message like bluescreen message.
so check all fans are working correctly and clean the dust from cpu.

I would just go through general troubleshooting at this stage. Maybe the mobo is shorting out to the case or something.

Bread-board the system (so its outside the case on a non-conductive surface) and try to get it too shut down again. If it doesnt then you know that it had something to do with an electrical short. If it still shuts down, then you can be fairly sure its a hardware issue. From there start removing components not essential for boot (graphics card, all but one stick of RAM, extra HDD's) to try and find the problem.

karma2burn

Honorable
Jan 9, 2013
If you feel comfortable in your system you could strip it down to the bare bones (1 stick ram, cpu, gpu, hd) and see if you are able to achieve stability. Add parts one by one to find a hardware issue (if this is the case)

Also since you have an older processor have you reapplied thermal paste lately? Intel often builds fail safes into their processors so if it gets too hot it will lag itself to keep in an acceptable temp range. I thought of this because you said it shuts down on you when your playing games at night (after the computer has been on all day?) and is fine in the morning (time for processor to cool down). If your cpu is improperly cooled you can get a slew of nasty problems/crispy chips.