a TOOL to dump memory.dmp into text file ?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.development.device.drivers,microsoft.public.win32.programmer.kernel,microsoft.public.windowsxp.device_driver.dev (More info?)

Hi Experts:

Is there a tool which can "translate" all information saved in a memory dump
file (a kernel memory dump, or a complete memory dump) into a plain text
file?

I'm looking at using dumpchk, kd or windbg. But not sure how to get it done.

Thanks for your info.

Polaris
4 answers Last reply
More about tool dump memory text file
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.development.device.drivers,microsoft.public.win32.programmer.kernel,microsoft.public.windowsxp.device_driver.dev (More info?)

    Hi Polaris,

    > Hi Experts:
    >
    > Is there a tool which can "translate" all information saved in a
    > memory dump file (a kernel memory dump, or a complete memory dump)
    > into a plain text file?
    >
    > I'm looking at using dumpchk, kd or windbg. But not sure how to get it
    > done.

    The important imformation you will get with "!analyze -v" either in cdb or
    windbg

    --
    Greetings
    Jochen

    My blog about Win32 and .NET
    http://blog.kalmbachnet.de/
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.development.device.drivers,microsoft.public.win32.programmer.kernel,microsoft.public.windowsxp.device_driver.dev (More info?)

    Hello Polaris,

    > Is there a tool which can "translate" all information saved in a
    memory dump
    > file (a kernel memory dump, or a complete memory dump) into a plain
    text
    > file?
    I'm using xxd which comes with VIm (http://vim.sf.net)

    HTH.
    Miki
  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.development.device.drivers,microsoft.public.win32.programmer.kernel,microsoft.public.windowsxp.device_driver.dev (More info?)

    "Polaris" <etpolaris@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi Experts:
    >
    > Is there a tool which can "translate" all information saved in a memory
    dump
    > file (a kernel memory dump, or a complete memory dump) into a plain text
    > file?
    >
    > I'm looking at using dumpchk, kd or windbg. But not sure how to get it
    done.

    > Thanks for your info.
    >
    > Polaris

  4. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.development.device.drivers,microsoft.public.win32.programmer.kernel,microsoft.public.windowsxp.device_driver.dev (More info?)

    Thanks all for your good information!

    Polaris

    "Polaris" <etpolaris@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi Experts:
    >
    > Is there a tool which can "translate" all information saved in a memory
    > dump file (a kernel memory dump, or a complete memory dump) into a plain
    > text file?
    >
    > I'm looking at using dumpchk, kd or windbg. But not sure how to get it
    > done.
    >
    > Thanks for your info.
    >
    > Polaris

Drivers Memory Dump Microsoft Windows XP