Vyndralys

Honorable
Nov 24, 2012
I am currently having trouble with my multi-monitor setup. Before now I have been using 2 monitors and a HDTv, but with the recent black Friday I got another monitor. When I hook it in and go into my Control Panel>Adjust Screen Resolution it can detect the 4th monitor but when I try to Extend Desktop Display to the 4th monitor I get a popup saying that I am unable to save display settings. I have also tried tinkering with CCC but that didn't get me any further. Maybe I missed something in the Control Panel or in CCC.

As for my graphics card I am using: http://www.asus.com/Graphics_Cards/AMD_Series/HD7770DC1GD5/
I have my monitors hooked into the mini display ports and the DVI and the HDTV hooked into the HDMI.

Wolfshadw

Titan
While the graphics card does have four ports, it will only support three displays at a time. If you want to support more than three monitors at a time, look to the Eyefinity-6 version graphic cards or install a secondary graphics card into your system.

-Wolf sends

Wolfshadw

Titan

No, your card is not Eyefinity6 capable. Eyefinity6 cards have 6 Mini-DisplayPort connections (see here). Your card will only support up to three monitors at a time in Eyefinity. If your motherboard has on-board graphics, you can, as Unksol suggests, try to use that for the fourth monitor.

-Wolf sends

Spaniard United

Honorable
Nov 17, 2012
Ok so the information you've received doesn't seem quite right. You can have up to 6 monitors/screens with your card , 1 DVI, 1 HMDI, and 4 mini-dp (splitters required).

You have 1 TV hooked up via HDMI
You have 1 monitor hooked up via DVI
You have 1 monitor hooked up via mini-dp

Is your 3rd monitor hooked directly into the card via a mini-dp cable or mini-dp to dp? Do you have an adapter to change the mini-dp to something else like DVI? If so, is it an active adapter?

Then repeat those questions for the fourth monitor.

Spaniard United

Honorable
Nov 17, 2012
http://www.amd.com/us/products/desktop/graphics/7000/7770/pages/radeon-7770.aspx#2 for reference. Look at the Specifications tab and you will find the following.

"AMD Eyefinity multi-display technology1

Up to 6 displays supported
Independent resolutions, refresh rates, color controls, and video overlays
Display grouping
Combine multiple displays to behave like a single large display
Discrete Digital Multi-Point Audio (DDMA)"

AMD Eyefinity technology works with games that support non-standard aspect ratios, which is required for panning across multiple displays. To enable more than two displays, additional panels with native DisplayPort™ connectors, and/or DisplayPort™ compliant active adapters to convert your monitor’s native input to your cards DisplayPort™ or Mini-DisplayPort™ connector(s), are required. Support for six simultaneous displays may require complementary products compatible with DisplayPort 1.2 Multi-Stream Transport. Maximum number of configured displays may vary - check with your component or system manufacturer for specific model capabilities and supported technologies. SLS (“Single Large Surface”) functionality requires an identical display resolution on all configured displays.

Most current cards with Eyefinity capability have at least a maximum of 4 monitors if not 6.

Up to 6 displays
AMD Radeon™ HD 7900 Series
AMD Radeon™ HD 7800 Series
AMD Radeon™ HD 7700 Series
AMD Radeon™ HD 6900 Series
AMD Radeon™ HD 6900M Series
AMD Radeon™ HD 6800 Series
AMD Radeon™ HD 6800M Series
AMD Radeon™ HD 6700M Series
AMD Radeon™ HD 6600M Series
AMD Radeon™ HD 6500M Series
ATI Radeon™ HD 5800 Series

Up to 5 displays
AMD Radeon™ HD 6700 Series
ATI Radeon™ HD 5700 Series

Up to 4 displays
AMD Radeon™ HD 6600 Series
AMD Radeon™ HD 6500 Series
AMD Radeon™ HD 6400M Series
AMD Radeon™ HD 6300M Series

Up to 3 displays
AMD Radeon™ HD 6400 Series
ATI Radeon™ HD 5600 Series
ATI Radeon™ HD 5500 Series
ATI Radeon™ HD 5400 Series

Kari

Splendid

AND this is the core probem, as far as I know there arent any dp1.2 hubs or 1.2 multistream compatible monitors available yet... pls post a link if you know any.

edit
"Display connectivity options include one DVI port, one full size HDMI port and two mini-DisplayPorts. You may use all the outputs at the same time, thanks to AMD's superior display output architecture."
http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/ASUS/HD_7770_DirectCU/3.html
but also remember
"AMD has designed their HD 7000 Series cards to provide two TMDS clock signals. DVI, HDMI, passive DP Adapter consume one, while an active DP adapter needs no clock signal from the GPU."
http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Sapphire/HD_7870_Flex/33.html
so either native dp monitors or active adapters for 4 monitors on your 7770 card

Spaniard United

Honorable
Nov 17, 2012
Don't believe the 1.2 hubs/splitters are out yet, which certainly makes it more difficult. However the card certainly has the capabilities to drive the 4 screens with nothing more than an active mini-dp to xxxx adapter. Just need to know how it is currently set up.