Sign in with
Your question

Limiting Bandwidth

Last response: in Networking
December 31, 2011 1:33:34 AM

i need to limit the bandwidth of utorrent of my sibling's laptop that wont affect mine(utorrent) i saw some QoS but i cant understand it im using linksysE1000

More about : limiting bandwidth

a b D Laptop
December 31, 2011 2:25:03 AM

Simplest solution is just to limit the bandwidth in the uTorrent program, with no changes allowed on penalty of total loss of Internet, always works for me when I make those kinds of threats.

On some Linksys routers, you can limit bandwidth in the Applications and Gaming section of the router setup page. If yours has that ability, you could limit all traffic to that MAC address to a specific kbps limit.
m
l
January 2, 2012 10:51:00 AM

yea i know the limit bandwidth feature of the utorrent but im afraid they could know it so im finding other ways to do it

and i saw that too, my problem is i find the available tutorial very confusing.. do you know other tuts that is easy to understand?
m
l
a b D Laptop
January 2, 2012 1:08:55 PM

Blox said:
yea i know the limit bandwidth feature of the utorrent but im afraid they could know it so im finding other ways to do it

and i saw that too, my problem is i find the available tutorial very confusing.. do you know other tuts that is easy to understand?

Try THIS ONE, also search You Tube as they have loads of how to videos for anything.
m
l
!