Pioneer DVL 909 draw mechanism jams - help!!

Last response: in Home Theatre Legacy
Share
September 23, 2004 4:30:54 AM

Our DVL909 will suddenly stop playing a DVD and try and eject it - the
mechanism locks up with the motor still running.

After the disc is removed by removing the top brace, the laser
assembly seems jammed very close to the drive spindle. After gently
pushing it away from the spindle, there is a click and the mechanism
is now free and the draw can be opened. The laser mechanism seems to
move freely, but jams against the spindle assembly from time to time
-for some strange reason. It plays cds OK

Any help would be appreciated.

David
Anonymous
September 24, 2004 12:03:08 AM

Never ran into this problem. Wondering if the switch is dirty that tells
the control board when the pickup is at the start LD or CD position. Could
also be the pickup having trouble reading the DVD.

Kurtis

!