Sign in with
Your question

Windows 7 DVD problem

Last response: in Windows 7
March 4, 2012 11:32:55 PM

Compaq Presario w/DVD RW & Window 7. DVD not working. With disk in drive, I'll get a message saying "please insert disk into Drive D". I tried opening the DVD via Power DVD, Windows Media Player as well as from My Computer. I have tried updating the driver and I've run the troubleshooting and diagnostics. Nothing is showing any problems and although the drive is seen, the disk is not. Please help me.

More about : windows dvd problem

March 4, 2012 11:35:58 PM

The drive may die..... do you have any bootable CD/ DVD can put in and try to boot up from there.....
m
l
March 4, 2012 11:39:42 PM

I don't know quite what you mean. I do have other CDs and DVDs but I don't think they are bootable.
m
l
Related resources
March 5, 2012 12:20:53 AM

could be registery related. can you create a bootable flash drive with linux and see if the drive works under it?
m
l
a c 411 $ Windows 7
March 5, 2012 12:25:14 AM

Have you tried deleting the upper and lower filters in the registry?
m
l
March 5, 2012 1:14:13 AM

SR-71 Blackbird said:
Have you tried deleting the upper and lower filters in the registry?

No. I don't have a clue how to do that. I read some other posts and found a quite detailed instruction regarding the registry but the problem was related to Vista not Windows 7 so I didn't try it. The fix seemed to work for those on that thread...
m
l
March 5, 2012 1:17:05 AM

guavasauce said:
could be registery related. can you create a bootable flash drive with linux and see if the drive works under it?

I feel very stupid but I AM old...just don't have any idea what linux is or frankly, what a bootable flash drive is...sorry but thanks
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
March 5, 2012 1:54:00 AM

Pen drive or flash drive looks like this : ))

m
l
!