Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Windforce 2X vs Twin Frozr III (GTX 660 / Gigabyte vs MSI ) ?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
November 24, 2012 5:03:05 PM

hello,
I m planning to buy a GTX 660 graphics card ..currently I m thinking about buying Gigabyte GTX 660 OC 2GB (GV-N660OC-2GD) or MSI GTX 660 2GB (N660 TF 2GD5/OC).. according to some benchmarks Gigabyte Windforce 2X version has better cooling comparing with MSI Twin Frozr III . Both graphics cards are identical in specs.. I m looking for the card with the best cooling system ... previously I had a MSI graphics card but I haven't tried any Gigabyte products recently ... anyone has any experience with these graphics cards ?? what could be the better option out of these 2 ??

MSI GTX 660 - Twin Frozr III
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Gigabyte GTX 660 - Windforce 2X
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
a b U Graphics card
November 24, 2012 9:03:18 PM

I'm with prototype18, though for reasons of warranty. I think they're both excellent manufacturers, but Gigabyte offer three-year warranties (from date of manufacture). Warranty terms vary by country though for any manufacturer so check the term for your country.
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
November 24, 2012 9:03:37 PM

And nice choice of GPU by the way :-)
a b U Graphics card
December 9, 2012 10:31:44 PM

As stated above, the gigabyte's products are rock solid, go for it and u'll be satisfied :) 
March 19, 2013 12:15:55 PM

TheBigTroll said:
none of them. get a 7870. performs the same and has 2 free games that comes along with it.

http://us.ncix.com/products/?sku=69828&vpn=FX787ACNFC&m...

if i was forced to buy the cards, the gigabyte. quieter fans


I'm currently having the same dilemma. I didn't want the MSI card since it looks cheaper but I've heard that MSI is better in some ways. With the space in my case, I'll be going for Gigabyte's card. I have a Gigabyte mobo so it works out in the end.
March 19, 2013 10:11:35 PM

Junoh315 said:
TheBigTroll said:
none of them. get a 7870. performs the same and has 2 free games that comes along with it.

http://us.ncix.com/products/?sku=69828&vpn=FX787ACNFC&m...

if i was forced to buy the cards, the gigabyte. quieter fans


I'm currently having the same dilemma. I didn't want the MSI card since it looks cheaper but I've heard that MSI is better in some ways. With the space in my case, I'll be going for Gigabyte's card. I have a Gigabyte mobo so it works out in the end.



I went with Twin Frozr .. I dont think its cheap. really great max and idle temps ( 30C idle / 62C Max) it also has Nickel plated heat pipes.. and great MSI after burner to tweek the gpu... overall really solid design ..
March 24, 2013 8:40:19 PM

MSI cards usually have higher OC potential. the problem is that card quality is unstable after few months. I would prefer gigabyte 660..
a b U Graphics card
March 25, 2013 5:37:20 AM

their cards are fine. their motherboards are a bit sub-par though
March 27, 2013 12:31:30 AM

shaun_shaun said:
Junoh315 said:
TheBigTroll said:
none of them. get a 7870. performs the same and has 2 free games that comes along with it.

http://us.ncix.com/products/?sku=69828&vpn=FX787ACNFC&m...

if i was forced to buy the cards, the gigabyte. quieter fans


I'm currently having the same dilemma. I didn't want the MSI card since it looks cheaper but I've heard that MSI is better in some ways. With the space in my case, I'll be going for Gigabyte's card. I have a Gigabyte mobo so it works out in the end.



I went with Twin Frozr .. I dont think its cheap. really great max and idle temps ( 30C idle / 62C Max) it also has Nickel plated heat pipes.. and great MSI after burner to tweek the gpu... overall really solid design ..


It was the design that looked cheap. All MSI cards look like they'd be easy to break. Not sure if they would be but I know that even though the Gigabyte doesn't look as good, it has a superior design. I actually like the Gigabyte design to be honest. It doesn't try to conceal the fact that it's a video card.
March 27, 2013 12:50:46 AM

I got the gigabyte oc 660 and have another on the way and love it.53 celcius max under load on furmark which is unheard of.I consider 62 celcius kinda warm for a 660.Doesnt matter which one overclocks better because none of them overclock well
March 27, 2013 2:49:05 AM

go for the gigabyte windforce its very cool and quiet and Cheap too
March 28, 2013 6:14:09 AM

pantherr said:
I got the gigabyte oc 660 and have another on the way and love it.53 celcius max under load on furmark which is unheard of.I consider 62 celcius kinda warm for a 660.Doesnt matter which one overclocks better because none of them overclock well


a main factor for max and idle temps is ambient room temperature .. I live in a kinda hot area (usually 30c+ room temp)..
if you can lower the room temperature and improve case air ventilation with better casing/fans, you can get far better temps than mine.. do the math .. if you see benchmarks for these 2 cards, both have identical max/idle temps in most situations... both cards are great ... its about the brand you prefer in this situation..
!