I'm buying a new GPU.

Okay, so I've worked out that I'm going to have around £100 on a GPU, my monitor uses a VGI cable and doesn't have any other output. My motherboard is a Gigabyte M68 Motherboard Technology with a AMD Bulldozer FX 4100 3.6ghz overclocked to 4.0ghz and has 4gb DDR3 1333 Memory.

Could anyone recommend a card within this price range? I've been looking at AMD Radeon HD 7750 and 7770's.

Thanks.
14 answers Last reply
More about buying
  1. Is that compatible with my motherboard?
  2. Yeah I'd get the 7770 it's a good bang for the bucks right now.
  3. When I install it, how would I change the display out from the GPU I have at the moment to a new one? Would I need to change it back to the motherboard out?
  4. What is your power supply make and model?Hell give me a link to it if you can please.
  5. My Power supply is a 500W

I'm not sure what make and model it is though, sorry.
  6. Hum.... i cannot say a 7770 would be o.k. without knowing that so best i can recommend is a 7750 without that info sorry i just don't want to give you advice that might ruin your computer.
  7. I've checked my PSU and it doesn't have the six pin connector, although it does have a free connector for the adapter for a six pin. It does recommend a 500W PSU for the 7770, I checked VIA the AMD website for the card so I should be okay, I've looked on youtube how to install cards and I think I know the basics, I've also just noticed there was allot of dust gathered on my exhaust so I gave it a quick clean.
  8. o.k. look here to make sure it's not on this list Tier 5 - http://www.eggxpert.com/forums/permalink/323050/323050/ShowThread.aspx#323050
  9. Read up on this to first to be safe http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDFAQs
  10. i'm going poke my nose in and state:
    any 500 watt PSU w/o a 6 pin power connection is "weak" ie. it has too many amps on the 3.3 and 5 volts to embellish its rating total wattage and not enough on the 12 volt rail where it really needs it.
  11. Anonymous said:
    i'm going poke my nose in and state:
    any 500 watt PSU w/o a 6 pin power connection is "weak" ie. it has too many amps on the 3.3 and 5 volts to embellish its rating total wattage and not enough on the 12 volt rail where it really needs it.

So would this cause the card not to work? If not, could I connect it and buy a new PSU in the near future?
  12. Anonymous said:
    i'm going poke my nose in and state:
    +1 that's what i figured but was not sure so i didn't say nothing thanks. :p
  13. DanielMCUK said:
    So would this cause the card not to work? If not, could I connect it and buy a new PSU in the near future?

chances are it will work but without knowing a few more details like the amps on the 12 volt rail (which would be on the label) or better yet the maker/model of the PSU it is highly suspect given what is known. there are many PSUs that are suppose to provide 500 watts but can't even muster up 350 watt before going down in flames.

not to "scare" you just trying to be informative.

Anonymous said:
    +1 that's what i figured but was not sure so i didn't say nothing thanks. :p

:lol: never been afraid to speak up.

wth, no one knows me in RL - it isn't like i can get embarrassed if i am wrong . . . .
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards GPUs Motherboards Graphics Product