Last response: in Systems
January 8, 2013 3:51:50 PM

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing
Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ATX LGA1155
Memory:G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1333
Video Card: HD 7950 3 GB
Power Supply Rosewill capstone 550w

I have all of those plugged in with the 8 pin cpu and 24 pin power both plugged in along with the Gpu. I am getting no beeps or splash, but both the fan and the Gpu fans kick on and the motherboard indicator says D7. Anyone have any pointers or do I have dead parts?

More about : test build splash beep

a b à CPUs
January 8, 2013 3:56:07 PM

D7 means no input devices found. Did you plug in your keyboard/mouse?
m
l
a b à CPUs
January 8, 2013 3:57:14 PM

make sure your front panel power button, reset button, hard drive activity led is plugged into the motherboard's header. as to how connect these read up on the mobo's manual
m
l
Related resources
January 8, 2013 3:58:13 PM

wanderer11 said:
D7 means no input devices found. Did you plug in your keyboard/mouse?

its just an out of the case test build so there's no mouse or keyboard yet
m
l
a b à CPUs
January 8, 2013 4:05:01 PM

I looked up another thread here on toms. What I said was the issue. Humor me and try it.
m
l
January 8, 2013 4:06:54 PM

alvine said:
make sure your front panel power button, reset button, hard drive activity led is plugged into the motherboard's header. as to how connect these read up on the mobo's manual

Its an out of case build right now so I don't think that would be an issue
m
l
a b à CPUs
January 8, 2013 4:08:54 PM

sir build the pc proper way with a pc case as you risk damaging the parts, connect your keyboard and mouse as said above with monitor plugged in and then you can judge if it boots or not
m
l
January 8, 2013 4:10:36 PM

wanderer11 said:
I looked up another thread here on toms. What I said was the issue. Humor me and try it.

Mk plugged in a mouse and not it says A2 which is an IDE detect
m
l
a b à CPUs
January 8, 2013 4:11:03 PM

thatdamheathen said:
Its an out of case build right now so I don't think that would be an issue

if the mobo has power and reset button on it as some fancier mobos do then yea, if not then it wont boot unless you connect the front panel stuff
m
l
January 8, 2013 4:14:48 PM

alvine said:
if the mobo has power and reset button on it as some fancier mobos do then yea, if not then it wont boot unless you connect the front panel stuff

yep it has buttons
m
l
a b à CPUs
January 8, 2013 4:15:30 PM

A2 is because you don't have a hard drive plugged in. You're getting ahead of yourself. Just put it all together in the case and you won't have these problems.
m
l
January 8, 2013 4:18:08 PM

wanderer11 said:
A2 is because you don't have a hard drive plugged in. You're getting ahead of yourself. Just put it all together in the case and you won't have these problems.

aight I'll try it... Only reason I tried to do a test boot as because New Egg said to and its my first build... thanks for the help I'll report back later if it works out
m
l

Best solution

a b à CPUs
January 8, 2013 4:29:42 PM

I would only recommend doing that if for some reason you think a part is bad. I doubt any of your stuff is bad so good luck with the build. I'm sure it will work out for you. I havea tip for you: Don't use Sata A0 or A1. Those are hotswappable and you will have an icon in the taskbar for you to safely eject whatever drive is plugged in those. Start on Sata 0.
January 8, 2013 6:46:16 PM

Best answer selected by thatdamheathen.
m
l
January 8, 2013 6:47:41 PM

wanderer11 said:
I would only recommend doing that if for some reason you think a part is bad. I doubt any of your stuff is bad so good luck with the build. I'm sure it will work out for you. I havea tip for you: Don't use Sata A0 or A1. Those are hotswappable and you will have an icon in the taskbar for you to safely eject whatever drive is plugged in those. Start on Sata 0.

Well turns out you were completly right. Got my color splash and everything. thank you. May the gods of hardwear forever bless your endevors and grant longevity to your rigs
m
l
a b à CPUs
January 8, 2013 7:11:41 PM

Actually I was glad I did an external build first, especially on my first build. You get to make sure all your components are working properly and it also gives you some perspective as to how it will all fit and connect in your case. There is no harm in doing it as long as your careful, after all, it would suck to get everything strapped into your case and find out something ain't working then. Troubleshooting bad components at that point isn't much fun (especially if it is a bad component and not user error).
m
l
a b à CPUs
January 8, 2013 7:44:50 PM

Happy to hear you got it working.
m
l
!