How much is my used pc worth ?

erykkrol

Honorable
Dec 28, 2012
Hey guys, tomorrow i should be recieving my last parts for my high end intel pc build. I have high quality parts such as intel i5 3570 k asrock b75 pro 3 motherboard, 8gb of Ram. How ever my initial idea was to use my old Graphics card which is amd radeon 6670 2gb ddr3. i know realise how much of a stupid idea this was. i was thinking of buying the amd 7850, with this card i will be able to max out games no problem.so i was thinking of selling my current pc on ebay but i dont know if it is worth it.

My specs

Intel pentium Dual core E2180 clocked at 2.00 Ghz

6Gb of ddr2 Ram

Foxconn motherboard 945 7md

basic dvd drive

Amd radeon 6670 (it's a bit of a bottleneck compared to the rest of the system i kno"w)

Xblade case picture here --> http://beatme101.com/images/xblade.jpg

ezcool 500 w power supply

no hdd included (security reasons)

So guys how much do you think it is going to be worht? should i just sell it seperatly ? should i have the amd 6670 for a while untill i can get the 7850. Thanks for all your help guys :) :bounce:

Wolfshadw

Titan

Adding a cheap hard drive isn't enough. You also need to add an operating system to make it functional. Sure, you can add a free OS like Linux, but that cuts down on the number of possible buyers. I still say just part it out and get what you can out of it.

-Wolf sends

Why the hell are people getting B75 chipset boards with a 3570K??? I realize there are nice bundles available but *** you can't really OC on B75.

I was wondering the same thing myself; the B75 was designed for the business oriented PC, not a gamer build. To save money you could go to a H77, but most gamers and enthusiast buy a Z77 model. If your getting the B75 just get a i5-3550 and save the money.

mavroxur

Distinguished

Yeah, big sticks of DDR still bring money. Especially 1GB PC3200 sticks.

unoriginal1

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2012

LMBO! I just pulled about 40 GB of ddr2 out of recycled machines just because of that. Ebay very soon :D.

erykkrol

Honorable
Dec 28, 2012
My dad paid around 500£ for that pc when i got it. He wouldnt be too happy if i just gave it away. i wish i could Make people happy by giving stuff like that away but i could do with extra money.

Tibbs01

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2012
I would just DBAN the hdd so you can include the hard drive since you are worried about someone recovering your data and as another poster mentioned at least put a fresh copy of XP on it so you can sell it as a functional and running unit.