Tags:
  • Radeon
  • Mobility
  • ATI
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 24, 2012 6:33:41 PM

Hey all,

I just bought a new MSI GX740 laptop. It has a ATI Radeon 5870 Mobility graphics card it. I installed the latest drivers for it (12.10 I believe it was) from AMD's website by way of their auto detect tool. However, I am experiencing screen flicking at the top of my screen. This doesn't happen all the time, but when it does it is when I am clicking a link in a windows explorer window, minimizing/maximizing a window, watching a YT video, etc. I've reinstalled the driver several times, but it doesn't seem to do anything. This doesn't seem to happen when I play games, however.

Any thoughts or ideas on why this is happening and what I can do to fix it? Not only is it quite annoying, but I'm worried something bad will happen to my brand new laptop =/

Thanks for any help provided.

More about : ati radeon mobility 5800 series top screen flickering

Anonymous
November 25, 2012 7:49:27 PM

Hello,

I experienced the same issue after installing the 12.1 drivers today. Had some very, very old drivers before updating to 12.1 and I basically had to reinstall the old ones to remove the flickering.

In my case I downloaded the file which you can find here: http://www.msi.com/product/nb/GX640.html#/?div=Driver&o...

Im on a MSI GX640 with a ATI Radeon 5850 Mobility card.

Hope this helps! :) 
m
l
!