Sign in with
Your question

RAM clearance and a few other things...

Last response: in Systems
January 8, 2013 7:05:25 PM

Ok, so first off let me say that I know this is most likely in the wrong place. I'm putting it here for a multitude of reasons:
1: I don't know where it goes
2: This is one of the most busy forums
3: It kinds goes here, I guess

I kinda hope a mod finds this and puts it where it should be.

Anyway, what I need help with.

I have Mushkin Blackline Memory ( http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... )
In an ASRock Z77 Extreme4 LGA1155 ATX motherboard. I've been looking for a new CPU cooler (Hyper 121 EVO is so ugly) And I'm looking for 2 things: effectiveness (slightly less important); Looks (a bit more important). I'd like to manage a solid 4.6 GHZ on my 3770k. I haven't tried with the 212 but I'm replacing it soon so why bother. I've been looking at the Cooler Master V8 or V6. They look nice and I've seen some good reviews on them. Budget is 50$, I can't afford the Havik 140, as much as I'd love that. Will the V8 fit over the Blackline Ridgeback? Is there a better looking/performing heatsync for max 50$?
If you tell me to keep my 212 I'll jump off a bridge.

Also, what's the difference between a WD blue and a WD black? Is one really better or is black just a blue with a longer warranty?

ANOTHER THING. With the cpu cooler you suggest/the V8, what kind of stable OC would I be able to get out of my 3770K?
thanks a mil:) 
-Zed

Quick Edit: I wouldn't clog these beautiful forums with this if it wasn't important. I've searched the likes of google, reddit, yahoo, eggxpert, tomshardware, bing, and every other reasonable website with no results. ;p I refuse to go liquid cooling. I know it would solve my problems (and look pretty baller), but I can't bare to think about having liquid anywhere near my 1500$ setup. thanks again -Zed

More about : ram clearance things

January 8, 2013 7:25:46 PM

Also, My friend offered me his old 2700k for 50$. I know sandys OC Better, would it be worth it for me to install that instead while am at it and get a crazy high OC? thanks :0
m
l
January 8, 2013 7:43:38 PM

just realized how crazy a 4.6 OC is for a 50$ cooler and an ivy. I'd settle for 4.2-4.5
m
l
Related resources
January 8, 2013 8:40:56 PM

let me some this up for you if you don't want to read this -0-. Will Ridgeback fit under a CM v8? what are some good options for a cpu cooler 50$ and under
m
l
January 8, 2013 9:23:03 PM

Scythe Mugen 2 or Thermaltake Frio
m
l
January 9, 2013 2:43:16 PM

Will those coolers fit above the ridgeback heatsinc design from mushkin?

EDIT: In case you missed the link: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

ANOTHER Edit: I don't think Scythe Mugen 2 is LGA 1155, which is what my mobo/cpu is. also both Of those coolers are kind of dated dont ya think? just thinking outloud
m
l
January 9, 2013 3:01:11 PM

Scythe Mugen 2 can't be bought on amazon or newegg, so.
Will the frio fit?

EDIT: Also, keep in mind I'm going for aesthetics as well, so the mugen 2 isn't a fantastic choice
m
l
January 9, 2013 3:39:46 PM

I'm looking at the Dark Knight II or whatever it is, on newegg, for 51$. Would that be acceptable/fit over my ram?
m
l
January 9, 2013 5:07:28 PM

Looks like the Havik 140 might fit, but its a bit overbudget..

Will it fit? is it worth it?
m
l
!