RAM clearance and a few other things...

Zed_Spooge

Honorable
Nov 11, 2012
Ok, so first off let me say that I know this is most likely in the wrong place. I'm putting it here for a multitude of reasons:
1: I don't know where it goes
2: This is one of the most busy forums
3: It kinds goes here, I guess

I kinda hope a mod finds this and puts it where it should be.

Anyway, what I need help with.

I have Mushkin Blackline Memory ( http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820226300 )
In an ASRock Z77 Extreme4 LGA1155 ATX motherboard. I've been looking for a new CPU cooler (Hyper 121 EVO is so ugly) And I'm looking for 2 things: effectiveness (slightly less important); Looks (a bit more important). I'd like to manage a solid 4.6 GHZ on my 3770k. I haven't tried with the 212 but I'm replacing it soon so why bother. I've been looking at the Cooler Master V8 or V6. They look nice and I've seen some good reviews on them. Budget is 50$, I can't afford the Havik 140, as much as I'd love that. Will the V8 fit over the Blackline Ridgeback? Is there a better looking/performing heatsync for max 50$?
If you tell me to keep my 212 I'll jump off a bridge.

Also, what's the difference between a WD blue and a WD black? Is one really better or is black just a blue with a longer warranty?

ANOTHER THING. With the cpu cooler you suggest/the V8, what kind of stable OC would I be able to get out of my 3770K?
thanks a mil:)
-Zed

Quick Edit: I wouldn't clog these beautiful forums with this if it wasn't important. I've searched the likes of google, reddit, yahoo, eggxpert, tomshardware, bing, and every other reasonable website with no results. ;p I refuse to go liquid cooling. I know it would solve my problems (and look pretty baller), but I can't bare to think about having liquid anywhere near my 1500$ setup. thanks again -Zed