Will This Play BF3 On Med/High Settings?

Potential

Honorable
Dec 6, 2012
Uhh those links wont work. It shows OUR wishlist and OUR shopping cart. Go to pcpartpicker.com and config your setup there then ask us. Or edit your post and just list your specs.

cbrunnem

Distinguished

no this will have trouble running bf3 if you intend to run multiplayer. bf3 show great improvement with a quad core in 64 player maps. bf3 multiplayer is just as much cpu bound as gpu.

he wasnt asking about any game he was talking about bf3 and the cpu in his case is his limiting factor.

cbrunnem

Distinguished

i dont care about that benchmark, chances are hes not going to be playing much single player and i was talking about multiplayer. bf3 multiplayer is a much different game.

Does it say mp ?

honestly, those are the best parts for him, i wouldn't change it.

Unless he wants amd :

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($99.99 @ Newegg)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus 76.8 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($19.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: ASRock 970 PRO3 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($77.55 @ Newegg)
Memory: Crucial Ballistix sport 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($34.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: XFX Radeon HD 7850 1GB Video Card ($154.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Cooler Master Elite 431 Plus (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($34.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Corsair Builder 500W 80 PLUS Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($29.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $502.48
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)

Will probably gain some fps in bf mp, but in the rest of the games, i don't see why the difference...

I don't like military shooters, i don't play bf3 for that matter.
I can't say what performance it will get cause i don't have the cpu in question, but it's a dual core sandybridge, has two fast cores, good enough for a 7850, i can say that in some games like ps2 it will decrease the performance, but you can't put in there an i5-3570k with a budget of 500$ for the pc, what it matter is the gpu for games, and for 1080p gaming the minimum recommend is a 7850.

cbrunnem

Distinguished

i agree 100% and the build you proposed is great for the money absolutely but it will have a hard time playing high details in multiplayer because of the cpu being a dual core. that was my only point.

bf3 is a rarity though and in most games no a days the dual core should be ok.

cbrunnem

Distinguished

yeah i agree. even some benchmark programs are showing bulldozer and piledriver cpus as 2,3, and 4 core cpus instead of 4,6, and 8

cbrunnem

Distinguished

haha