question about Nokia car kits

Last response: in Brands
March 4, 2005 11:52:16 PM

Is the cradle in a Nokia car kit interchangeable? if so, is it an easy job.
I've just bought a car which has a 6310 kit fitted and was wondering if I
could change it to fit my phone?
Cheers in advance
March 5, 2005 6:21:19 AM

maybe here is link: http://www.plsgoogleit.com/

"The Diver" <adrian@the-diver.rollocks.co.uk> wrote in message
news:D 0ahp9$317$1@newsg1.svr.pol.co.uk...
> Is the cradle in a Nokia car kit interchangeable? if so, is it an easy
> job.
> I've just bought a car which has a 6310 kit fitted and was wondering if I
> could change it to fit my phone?
> Cheers in advance

Anonymous
March 5, 2005 11:40:34 PM

On Fri, 4 Mar 2005 20:52:16 -0000, "The Diver"
<adrian@the-diver.rollocks.co.uk> wrote:

>Is the cradle in a Nokia car kit interchangeable? if so, is it an easy job.
>I've just bought a car which has a 6310 kit fitted and was wondering if I
>could change it to fit my phone?
>Cheers in advance

Check here
http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/product/5682.htm

got one in my cark-91 for any pop port phone.

Otherwise get a Nokia ck-7w which does take different cradles.

Alan
Take DogForAWalk before replying by e-mail
Anonymous
March 9, 2005 3:05:50 AM

<alan.webb@DogForAWalkblueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> On Fri, 4 Mar 2005 20:52:16 -0000, "The Diver"
> <adrian@the-diver.rollocks.co.uk> wrote:
>
> >Is the cradle in a Nokia car kit interchangeable? if so, is it an easy
job.
> >I've just bought a car which has a 6310 kit fitted and was wondering if I
> >could change it to fit my phone?
> >Cheers in advance
> >
> Check here
> http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/product/5682.htm
>
> got one in my cark-91 for any pop port phone.
>
> Otherwise get a Nokia ck-7w which does take different cradles.
>

> Alan
> Take DogForAWalk before replying by e-mail

Bloody stupid answer given by "xman" - I suppose he thinks that he is
clever/funny.

The Nokia car kit for the 6310 is the CARK-91 - this is technically now
superceded as Nokia have now moved on a step. You can get either a "pop
port" replacement cradle unit or a plug in "pop port" adaptor to fit the
existing -91 cradle - however, I have heard some poor feedback on the
quality of these units.
Now it is the CARK-126 which is a hard wired kit with the option of a number
of cradles with "pop port" connector for handset or the CK-7W which not
only works like the 126 but can also connect with a bluetooth phone that has
a "handsfree" profile - you need to be careful with Nokia bluetooth car kits
(like the 1W/7W) as they don't always work with every type of bluetooth
enable phone, even though bluetooth is a "standard"!
The most universally compatible bluetooth car kit is the Parrot range, as
they ensure that when they develop a new kit, it works with all bluetooth
phones and you can also update the software in the kit.
H.T.H
John.
!