Gtx 660 ti from hd 5850

Hi guys, would you consider the gtx 660 ti a good upgrade from my HD 5850? im looking at the power edition from MSI for overclocking it, my 5850 has started to show its age with some games haha, if you have any other ideas please suggest i got an open mind
8 answers Last reply
More about 5850
  1. HD 7950 is better
  2. Budget?
  3. Kiowa789 said:
    Budget?

$300 max since in my country price rises considerably due to the taxes when ordering from amazon
  4. megagabobe1 said:
    $300 max since in my country price rises considerably due to the taxes when ordering from amazon

Then definitely the HD 7950. I wouldn't say the GTX 660ti is a good upgrade to the HD 5850 because it has a narrower memory bus, even though it has significantly more muscle. The HD 7950 has the same muscle, but will last you much longer because it will never be memory-bottlenecked.
  5. megagabobe1 said:

i'd love to help you out, but even with google translate i don't understand this site:
    http://www.intelaf.com/

can you order from there?

edit: nevermind, i just found the video cards and they are all old or over priced :p
  6. 660 is faster than 5850 but not that far. only marginal!!
    go for a higher tier
    hd7870
    gtx670
  7. gene_11 said:
    660 is faster than 5850 but not that far. only marginal!!
    go for a higher tier
    hd7870
    gtx670

put down the bong.
  8. i ordered the MSI TFIII HD 7950 in the end, planning to overclock, thx for the help guys
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Gtx HD Graphics