Sign in with
Your question

BIOS wont detect ssd but hdd shows up

Last response: in Systems
January 8, 2013 11:49:27 PM

Ok so i have searched all over for this problem but haven't had anyone with the exact same problem.... First if your wondering here is my build

AMD A10-5800K Trinity 3.8GHz APU

ASrock asrock fm2a85x extreme 6 mobo

gskill ripjaws X series 2x4gb 2133 gh ram

crucial m4 256gb ssd

seasonic 650 watt psu

here is my problem....after building the computer and booting i made it to the BIOS and thought i was good to go.. But once i tried to install the OS when it gets to the select drive my SSD is not there. In the BIOS it is not recognized either. I took the SSD and plugged it into my laptop with an external enclosure and it is recognized. So i tried a HDD and the operating system is detected. Me and my friend who is in IT are both completely stumped...and i'm beginning to feel i just blew a bunch of money for no reason!

I tried shift-f10 at welcome screen and disk part.....no disk is recognized.

pleas help any advice would be greatly appreciated. ive tried everything i can think of and looked at all forums and tried everything even similar to my problem!!! :( 
January 12, 2013 5:41:10 PM

Hi katcher
I am having exactly the same problem. The only advice ive seen so far is the "diskpart" "list disk" stuff. It doesn't work for me either.
Ive updated bios, ive unplugged all other HDDs, cleared CMOS, activated and allocated the SSD in Storage Disk Management plus a dozen other options.

One thing I have noticed that you did not mention. The SSD is listed when the RAID drives are shown and is also available in the RAID Utility. My motherboard does not have AHCI support (at least that I can find in BIOS) so I havent tried that. But I do have Onboard SATA enabled.

HELP! Im at my wits end.

I would try to slipstream sata or raid controller drivers, but I dont even know if thats possible on WIN7. If anyone could help on that front I would give it a try. My RAID is Silicon 3112A SATARaid BIOS 4.2.47 and my motherboard is an ABIT AN7 with a 2500+ barton core.

Thanks folks.
Matt

katcher06 said:
Ok so i have searched all over for this problem but haven't had anyone with the exact same problem.... First if your wondering here is my build

AMD A10-5800K Trinity 3.8GHz APU

ASrock asrock fm2a85x extreme 6 mobo

gskill ripjaws X series 2x4gb 2133 gh ram

crucial m4 256gb ssd

seasonic 650 watt psu

here is my problem....after building the computer and booting i made it to the BIOS and thought i was good to go.. But once i tried to install the OS when it gets to the select drive my SSD is not there. In the BIOS it is not recognized either. I took the SSD and plugged it into my laptop with an external enclosure and it is recognized. So i tried a HDD and the operating system is detected. Me and my friend who is in IT are both completely stumped...and i'm beginning to feel i just blew a bunch of money for no reason!

I tried shift-f10 at welcome screen and disk part.....no disk is recognized.

pleas help any advice would be greatly appreciated. ive tried everything i can think of and looked at all forums and tried everything even similar to my problem!!! :( 

m
l
January 12, 2013 8:13:10 PM

I am taking it to my buddies house tonight who is like IT GOD so if we figure it out i will let you know..

If not i have a feeling something is wrong and ill never know what
m
l
!