Looking for a new Graphics Card

Hi guys im new here and have a basic level of knowledge regarding computers, I want to upgrade my graphics card but the problem is that I have no idea which to choose and don't know which one will work on my PC.

here are my specs via image. (not sure if I can post pictures.)

http://i45.tinypic.com/wgvvbc.png

and

http://i47.tinypic.com/1qpv0n.png

Also I would like to point out my budget would be below 75 but preferably under 60.
13 answers Last reply
More about looking graphics card
  1. Hmmm, is there any way that you can find out the motherboard you have, that would help so much.
  2. maybe a 5450 or smaller.......... what is the power supply ?

and you realize that your machine is very limited ? slow single core processor and almost no ram.
  3. Maybe if your PC is a branded one like Dell,Gateway,HP give us the model and we'll try to find more specs.
    Although the Celeron processor and 1 Gb of ram is going is going to limit the graphics card you could buy.
  4. ^+1 You will be bottlenecking most cards whatever way you go. Another question, do you intend on gaming, if so what resolution?
  5. Yes it's a Dell my mother board model is: 0CU409
    Manufacture: Dell

And I have no idea how many watts my power supply is.

@Hilo122 I plan on doing very light gaming to some medium gaming, nothing like BF3 or Halo 4.
  6. Chews714 said:
    Yes it's a Dell my mother board model is: 0CU409
    Manufacture: Dell

And I have no idea how many watts my power supply is.

@Hilo122 I plan on doing very light gaming to some medium gaming, nothing like BF3 or Halo 4.

You have a Dell Vostro 200? A slim one or Mid tower ?
    Well according to some specs, your motherboard does have PCI-E 16x, and 2 slots of DDR2 memory but I really don't know if your Pc can handle a GPU, or how bad the bottleneck will be.

I think the only gpu's your PC can accept is the HD radeon 4000 and 5000 series, but again I don't know exactly the performance of the Celeron 420 with those graphics cards.
  7. get a 6450. your pc should be able to handle it easily . also add in another gig of ram
    this will allow you to play some basic games at low settings
  8. It is a slim tower, and according the the specs what RAM can I buy that will be accepted.
  9. Your PC accepts DDR2 Memory, and supports a max of 4 GB. And for the video card, your should have no problem with the clearance, but you should check that.
  10. so what graphics card should I get any recommendations? So I should check to make sure its a DDR2 RAM.
  11. Chews714 said:
    so what graphics card should I get any recommendations? So I should check to make sure its a DDR2 RAM.

Well as Mohiy9206 said, maybe the Radeon HD 6450, seems like a good low-end graphics card, it's around 30 to 50 bucks, and adding that DDR2 Memory it should fit your budget.
  12. i wonder why i even reply to some of these threads........ ????
  13. Sounds great!, thanks for all your support as well as the rest :D I will try the 6450 and the RAM and let you guys know how its working. Really thanks for your help guys.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Computers Basic Graphics