New graphics card?

airman661

Honorable
Nov 24, 2012
I really want a new graphics card for my computer, because its terrible for gaming. The problem is, it's an HP s5-1014 slimline. So im guessing there arent many graphics card upgrading options, considering its small and cant take large video cards. Please help.

Specs (just in case):

Processor: Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU @ 3.20GHz 3.20 GHz
Ram: 4.00 GB
System type: 64-bit Operating System

There are low-profile versions of the HD7750 available. They also use very little power. AMD lists a high minimum wattage because they are trying to account for all the overrated junk out there. Your HP PSU will likely be small, but it won't be junk. If it has at least 18A on its +12V rail(s), it will be enough.

killerhurtalot

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2012
Your system basically isn't designed to handle a new graphics card.

http://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?type=PROD&SearchText=QN653AA

It doesn't list any options for a dedicated gpu s I assume that HP didn't leave room for a dedicated gpu///

With a 220w PSU, you'll pretty much be limited to something along the lines of a gts 530 or something if you can even fit it in... which will make it game a good bit better compared to that really old integrated graphics lol.

And according to the spec sheet... i think it's a PCIEx16 1.0 slot... so that might affect even low end current gen gpu performance a bit...

airman661

Honorable
Nov 24, 2012

But would one of them fit? I have these Expansion Slots
One PCI Express x16
Two PCI Express x1
One PCI
One PCI Express x1 minicard socket

airman661

Honorable
Nov 24, 2012

Those look great but i still have no clue if they can fit in the tiny slot i was given. The SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 6670 1GB looks like i can but i dont want to buy it and find out it doesnt

The low-profile HD7750 that Swifty linked (2nd one) should fit. It actually uses less power than his first link, a HD6670. Check that PSU though; if its label lists less than 16A on its +12V rail(s) (likely, as that's already 192W), you'll be limited to a HD6570. Even that will be notably better than any Intel IGP, but the simple fact is, this PC was not designed to be a gamer.
Replacing the PSU may be an option for you though; there are TFX PSUs available that can power any of these cards we've listed, such as http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817151090