Closed Solved

Whats better? 2 AMD 7970's or 1 Nvidia GTX 680?

Im fairly new to the world of custom computers. Im looking to build a new computer, but i have some things im not sure about. I've done research on the AMD 7970 and the Nvidia 680. What im looking to know is What does having 2 graphics card do? does it literally double the GPU's power capability? I'm either going to get 2 7970's or 1 680. I would absolutely love anybodies feedback on this subject. What would you recommend? I cannot afford to get 2 680's, but i can afford to get 2 7970's. Or if anybody has any suggestions on better graphics cards, such as do i even need 2 7970's? What are the pros, what are the cons of running with 2 cards, etc. If y'all could get back to me it would be much appreciated!

Thanks a lot!

N. Sheeren
4 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about whats better 7970 nvidia
  1. even single 7970 offer same performance with gtx680...

so that's mean 2x7970 is around two times faster than single gtx680..

if you can afford these card, get it..
  2. Best answer
    Yeah, the 7970 is smack dab in the middle of the 5% difference between the 670 and the 680. Go with the two 7970s.

But here's the thing. If you only have one monitor, you don't need two cards - one 7970 will max out anything. Even if you have three monitors, not all games support Crossfire - it's really only guaranteed for the blockbuster titles.
  3. Oh ok, so if i dont need 2 7970's, from what ive read the 680 is slightly better. So would it be better to get the 1 680 instead of one 7970? Thanks for all the help.
  4. Best answer selected by nathansheeren.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Nvidia Graphics