Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Will these parts work together?

Last response: in Systems
Share
January 9, 2013 4:47:17 AM

goo.gl/F3qGm - CPU fan $20

goo.gl/hh5ky - DVD drive $30

goo.gl/YMc0k - memory $35

goo.gl/P2qsl - case $100

goo.gl/IhCyJ - power supply $61

goo.gl/2yyJd - motherboard $65

goo.gl/CUOSP - mouse $81

goo.gl/q6Egc - operating system $100

goo.gl/haq9T - processor $220

goo.gl/BXmk5 - graphics card $385

goo.gl/lE0KG - keyboard $55

goo.gl/yjQff - monitor $130

What I am mainly concerned about is my motherboard choice and its compatibility with my graphics card and if I would be able to overclock my processor and graphics card with that motherboard, also I am not sure if the power supply is enough. (operating system, mouse, keyboard, and monitor should work fine though, right?) Also how do I know if my motherboard had wifi?

More about : parts work

a c 119 U Graphics card
a c 147 V Motherboard
January 9, 2013 5:26:59 AM

All of your links are dead.
m
0
l
January 9, 2013 6:04:45 AM
Related resources
January 9, 2013 6:05:19 AM
January 9, 2013 6:31:59 AM

no not of all of these parts will work together,

you have an amd based motherboard and amd heatsink fan for an intel cpu.

you need to either get an amd processor, or get an intel motherboard and hsf.

also you have an ide dvd rom drive, for a motherboard that does not have an ide port. i suggest you get a sata dvd rom drive the price difference is not great and it would be hard to find a motherboard with ide

m
0
l
January 9, 2013 6:43:51 AM

the 2 easiest changes to make your set up work would

this amd processor

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1681...

and this dvd sata drive

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1682...

while i would prefer to go intel this is what i would do. also i assume you are from canada so i pulled these from canadian newegg. tiger direct should have these as well or similar.

also i did not see a harddrive on your list you need a hard drive i hope it is sata.
m
0
l
January 9, 2013 6:47:59 AM

Your powersupply is enough you can go more if you feel like it and it would leave room for adding more videocards etc in the future if you wish. as for overclocking yes but i do not know how far you can push since i have no experience with piledriver
m
0
l
January 9, 2013 9:53:31 AM

dane332 said:
the 2 easiest changes to make your set up work would

this amd processor

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1681...

and this dvd sata drive

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1682...

while i would prefer to go intel this is what i would do. also i assume you are from canada so i pulled these from canadian newegg. tiger direct should have these as well or similar.

also i did not see a harddrive on your list you need a hard drive i hope it is sata.


http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item... I thought I posted the hhd sorry but it is sata

the reason I am going with tiger direct at whenever I can is because I wish to pick it up locally and avoid shipping fees but I would like new suggestions for a board, and heat sink, I would prefer intel. and if you do suggest a new mother board what dvd drive would be compatible with it?
m
0
l

Best solution

a c 119 U Graphics card
a c 147 V Motherboard
January 9, 2013 1:18:28 PM

Your motherboard and heat sink man are for AMD processors. Get an intel 1155 socket z77 motherboard such as this: http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item...

You need the z77 chipset if you want to overclock.

Get this heat sink fan: http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item... It is a forum favorite and will work very well.

Any SATA dvd drive will work with any modern motherboard. Get this one: http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item...
Share
January 9, 2013 8:09:05 PM

tiny voices said:
Your motherboard and heat sink man are for AMD processors. Get an intel 1155 socket z77 motherboard such as this: http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item...

You need the z77 chipset if you want to overclock.

Get this heat sink fan: http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item... It is a forum favorite and will work very well.

Any SATA dvd drive will work with any modern motherboard. Get this one: http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item...


thanks that solves allot of my problems and as in "you need the z77 chipset if you want to overclock" do I have to buy a chip set separately? Or are you using chip set as a term for motherboard (I'm new) and if so would the board in the link that you sent me allow me to overclock my cpu and gpu?
m
0
l
a c 119 U Graphics card
a c 147 V Motherboard
January 9, 2013 8:25:52 PM

As long as it is a "z77" board you will be able to overclock. I have the board I posted to you and I like it a lot. It will allow you to overclock your CPU as long as it is a "k" edition CPU.

You can overclock your GPU on any MOBO. You use a third party program to do it.
m
0
l
January 9, 2013 8:57:22 PM

tiny voices said:
As long as it is a "z77" board you will be able to overclock. I have the board I posted to you and I like it a lot. It will allow you to overclock your CPU as long as it is a "k" edition CPU.

You can overclock your GPU on any MOBO. You use a third party program to do it.



thank you!
m
0
l
January 9, 2013 8:57:46 PM

Best answer selected by mradrianaslani.
m
0
l
a c 119 U Graphics card
a c 147 V Motherboard
January 9, 2013 8:58:55 PM

Always glad to help!
m
0
l
!