Sign in with
Your question

3rd monitor problems

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 25, 2012 7:08:18 AM

I had all three monitors working last night. Woke up to find that only 2 monitors would display anything! The third is not in a displayport as a hdmi to display port converter is TO DAMN HIGH. So it is in VGA(Monitor side) to DVI-I(Graphics Card side).

Now whenever my 3rd monitor is even just plugged in, the other 2 monitors shut off, and cant do squat, until the third monitor is unplugged. Whenever I press the menu on my third monitor (Samsung) i get a Test Good message top left, sometimes it switches between analog and digital. The menu on the monitor itself is not working fully I think.

(Running a GTX 660TI)
Motherboard: Pegatron Corporation 2ac2

More about : 3rd monitor problems

November 25, 2012 7:14:10 AM

Both these ways work for me before.. I would unplug and replug it back in... or better works is do the cntrl alt delete combo, then cancel it.. this method always turns mine back on..
November 25, 2012 7:20:39 AM

No, didn't work, but thanks for trying to help :) 
Related resources
November 25, 2012 7:24:47 AM

Are you running Windows? If so right click your desktop and click 'Screen resolution'. Do all the displays show up? You should have 3 displays show up
November 25, 2012 7:46:12 AM

agreed with the windows suggestion. also, if you are using a NVIDIA card, check the NVIDIA control panel and make sure that all monitors are activated.
November 25, 2012 8:12:44 AM

Simo606 said:
Are you running Windows? If so right click your desktop and click 'Screen resolution'. Do all the displays show up? You should have 3 displays show up

If i connect my third monitor all the monitors go blank, so i cant even see if it does, but i hovered my mouse over the detect button in screen res as i plugged it in, monitors went blank, I clicked detect, and then unplugged the monitor to see that it did not know that their was a third monitor plugged in.
!