Closed Solved

660 (non ti) vs 570GTX

Have 295GTX with i7 920 (not OC ing and not planning to). It's a beast and I enjoyed every minute of it but it's getting too HOT (around 80C on idle)!
Considering:
- 660 2gb (non ti)
- 650 2gb (similar to 660?)
- 570GTX
Which will be better option in terms of gaming performance?
How is it stantds as an upgrade to the 295gtx?
12 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about 570gtx
  1. Those card will actually be slower than the GTX295 but you will gain direct x11 support so for now I would pick the GTX 570.

    And if your GPU is getting hot you may want to clean out the dust from the heatsink.
  2. http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/518?vs=660

    Well definitly its not worth getting 570.

    Its an old gen card and is power hungry.

    And gtx 295 its a great card.I dotn think it would be something big.

    So better save up and get up to 670 Ftw/Asus
  3. jaideep1337 said:
    Those card will actually be slower than the GTX295 but you will gain direct x11 support so for now I would pick the GTX 570.

    And if your GPU is getting hot you may want to clean out the dust from the heatsink.

    The 570 and 660 will be slower than the 295gtx?! kinda hard to believe...
    How the comparison goes in terms of temps and power demand?

    As for the heatsink cleaning, I tried compressed air but with no improvment what so ever.
  4. Shadow10 said:
    The 570 and 660 will be slower than the 295gtx?! kinda hard to believe...
    How the comparison goes in terms of temps and power demand?


    316W Gtx 295
    268W Gtx 570

    Actually a Gtx 570 is a bit better than 295.

    Thats why i said not worth getting it now. U have to save up.

    So just resit the heatsink ,reaply thermal paste and add some fans blowing cool air to the card.

    Gtx 295 is a dual GPU and very very good.Just direct x is the problem :)
  5. prototype18 said:
    http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/518?vs=660

    Well definitly its not worth getting 570.

    Its an old gen card and is power hungry.

    And gtx 295 its a great card.I dotn think it would be something big.

    So better save up and get up to 670 Ftw/Asus

    295gtx truly is a great card but I got an opportunity to sell it.
    660ti is not an option, let alone the 670.
    As for the hunger for power, I doubt the 570 needs more than the 295 (or will get as hot).
    If you were in my place, which one would you buy?
  6. Best answer
    Personally i would choose the 660.Its slighlty better in games than 570.

    And it is a new gen card.
    Less heat/noise/power draw.

    660Ti would be eve better .If u can get some more $ for it. But 660 is good too.

    Where are u buying from maybe i can help you
  7. prototype18 said:
    316W Gtx 295
    268W Gtx 570

    Actually a Gtx 570 is a bit better than 295.

    Thats why i said not worth getting it now. U have to save up.

    So just resit the heatsink ,reaply thermal paste and add some fans blowing cool air to the card.

    Gtx 295 is a dual GPU and very very good.Just direct x is the problem :)

    Thought about cleaning it from the inside but disassembling the 295gtx is a HUGE pain in the a$$ and kinda risky.
    Are there any AMD's altenatives in this price level?
    Can't save for 670. Should I at least try to get 660ti or it's not worth to get as well?
  8. prototype18 said:
    Personally i would choose the 660.Its slighlty better in games than 570.

    And it is a new gen card.
    Less heat/noise/power draw.

    660Ti would be eve better .If u can get some more $ for it. But 660 is good too.

    Where are u buying from maybe i can help you

    You can't help me :-)
    I'm on the other side of the globe. lol.
    So I guess it came down to 660 non ti. Can't believe it's better than the 570 in games.
  9. Thank you very CLUTCH :-)
    Then it would be 660 non ti (which isn't too far behind the 660ti version).
  10. Best answer selected by Shadow10.
  11. Np . Im glad i helped you ;)
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Performance Intel i7 Graphics