Why does my power switch not work?

fishiboii

Honorable
Jan 9, 2013
Hi, I've just replaced a few parts of my PC and put it all in a new case. Everything is working fine apart from the power switch. The only way you can turn it on is from the motherboard switch. I have seemingly connected it up all fine. My Motherboard is an MS-7578 and I am using the block of connecters labeled JFP1. My case is this:
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CA-037-ZA&groupid=2362&catid=2277&subcat=
I'm quite certain that I have the polarities correct for I am following the manual. The case is brand new so I doubt it's a problem with the case.
What does anyone suggest?

groundrat

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2012
You may have a bad switch. A good test is to remove the two wires from the back of the switch and to short them together. If your computer starts up, it’s the switch. If not, look at the wires or the motherboard.

If it is the switch I recommend going to an electronics store (Radioshack) and buying a replacement. You may have to mod the front bezel to install it. I had to do this with my wife’s build, which is in a Rosewill Destroyer. The switches on the lower end Rosewill cases go out all the time.

chugot9218

Honorable
I had some front panel issues with my Corsair case that I ended up getting working myself, but after contacting them, they offered to send me replacement parts for it for free, see if Zalman will do that. It might be a hassle to put it into the case but might be easier than a new case period.

fishiboii

Honorable
Jan 9, 2013
Thanks for your responses. I think it's probably best if I contact the supplier and see what they can do about it.