DVD RW ASUS BLACK SATA
MB ASUS P8H67-M Sck.1155
Intel Core i5 3570 3.4GHz
Cooler Master Case HAF 912 Plus
Kingston DDR3-1600 8GB PC3-12800
:D 

More about : gaming

November 25, 2012 3:37:25 PM

what is your budget??what resolution you'll be playing and how many monitors??and what games??any preferences??
November 25, 2012 3:39:07 PM

andreas_vak said:
what is your budget??what resolution you'll be playing and how many monitors??and what games??any preferences??

When I buy this PC I will have 10 $ left in my wallet.
1600X1200
1 monitor
Red Orchesta 2
Planetside 2
Heroes and Generals
Related resources
November 25, 2012 4:02:24 PM

completelyrandomname said:
May I get you to fill out this please?
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/353572-31-build-upgra...

Approximate Purchase Date: 2 or 3 weeks
Budget Range: 1,326.91 USD
System Usage from Most to Least Important: gaming
Are you buying a monitor: No
Parts to Upgrade: none, totaly new pc
Do you need to buy OS: Yes
Preferred Website(s) for Parts: http://www.ue.ba/ , http://www.plus.ba/proizvodi/
Parts Preferences: Gigabyte, Intel
Overclocking: No
SLI or Crossfire: Maybe
Your Monitor Resolution: 1600X1200

a c 290 U Graphics card
November 25, 2012 4:20:28 PM

Everything looks nice, except that I would swap the power supply unit in favor of Corsair, Antec, Seasonic or XFX unit.
November 25, 2012 4:36:48 PM

Sunius said:
Everything looks nice, except that I would swap the power supply unit in favor of Corsair, Antec, Seasonic or XFX unit.

Not availbale in my country.
a c 290 U Graphics card
November 25, 2012 5:25:10 PM

At least swap it for Cooler Master Silent Pro series then. GX is a bad unit.
a b U Graphics card
November 25, 2012 5:27:03 PM

I think it looks great, almost same build as mine! ;) 

The PSU should be good enough, all these fights about PSU brands is really too hyped. Just the PSU has 80+ bronze, it's good enough! I own a Raidmax 700ac 80+ bronze, right now. Raidmax is supposed to be the worst when it comes to PSUs, but you know what? I never owned such a great PSU, it's silent, stable, cool and I haven't had no problems with it all.

Go with it, I know you won't be dissapointed!
November 26, 2012 8:09:58 AM

lostgamer_03 said:
I think it looks great, almost same build as mine! ;) 

The PSU should be good enough, all these fights about PSU brands is really too hyped. Just the PSU has 80+ bronze, it's good enough! I own a Raidmax 700ac 80+ bronze, right now. Raidmax is supposed to be the worst when it comes to PSUs, but you know what? I never owned such a great PSU, it's silent, stable, cool and I haven't had no problems with it all.

Go with it, I know you won't be dissapointed!

XFX 650W XXX Edition?
a b U Graphics card
November 26, 2012 8:52:57 AM

Dostya said:
XFX 650W XXX Edition?

"Super High Efficiency [up to 85%] 80 Plus Bronze Certified"

"Failed to meet 80 Plus Bronze following the OCC testing methodolgy" So overclocking won't be good on it.

It does come with a 5 years warranty though, so you're safe if anything goes wrong.

If you won't be overclocking now, or in the future it could do just fine. :) 
a c 290 U Graphics card
November 26, 2012 9:03:39 AM

Will the warranty cover expenses if it destroys your motherboard or graphics card? That's the reason why people stick with quality brands...
a b U Graphics card
November 26, 2012 9:47:59 AM

Sunius said:
Will the warranty cover expenses if it destroys your motherboard or graphics card? That's the reason why people stick with quality brands...

I agree with that. Hands down. But most people doesn't need this "quality". There is always a chance of the units being malfunctioning, of course the chance is lesser on the quality PSUs, still the chance is very small on the lower ends.

I live in Denmark, and the biggest and best manufactor of gaming rigs are only using Raidmax, even though they are of low quality. How can they make the best gaming rigs in the country while only using "low quality" PSUs? Because it's overrated, even if the PSU will fry my system, it got 2 years of warranty and I will receive a new rig if that happens.

Just never go less than 80+ bronze, that is my advise.
November 26, 2012 10:25:30 AM

lostgamer_03 said:
I agree with that. Hands down. But most people doesn't need this "quality". There is always a chance of the units being malfunctioning, of course the chance is lesser on the quality PSUs, still the chance is very small on the lower ends.

I live in Denmark, and the biggest and best manufactor of gaming rigs are only using Raidmax, even though they are of low quality. How can they make the best gaming rigs in the country while only using "low quality" PSUs? Because it's overrated, even if the PSU will fry my system, it got 2 years of warranty and I will receive a new rig if that happens.

Just never go less than 80+ bronze, that is my advise.

So is XFX 650W XXX Edition bad?
a b U Graphics card
November 26, 2012 10:27:41 AM

Dostya said:
So is XFX 650W XXX Edition bad?

If you OC, it won't be so good. If not, then it'll work just fine. :) 
November 26, 2012 10:31:34 AM

lostgamer_03 said:
If you OC, it won't be so good. If not, then it'll work just fine. :) 

I don't even know how to OC lol!
a b U Graphics card
November 26, 2012 10:43:47 AM

Dostya said:
Soooooooooooooooooooooooooo, no OC and I will be fine?

You can do it, and might not see any problems with it. It's a great PSU compared to your components and how power hungry they are. If you get a GPU, or CPU that uses A LOT of watt, then I wouldn't recommend it.

Quote from the review:

"The XFX XXX Edition 650W power supply performed very well and was only let down by its failure to meet the requirements of its claimed 80 Plus Bronze certification following the OCC power supply testing methodology. The efficiency levels are still pretty good and I have no hesitation in awarding the XFX XXX Edition 650W power supply a OCC Silver award"

So it will do just fine! :) 
November 26, 2012 10:52:43 AM

lostgamer_03 said:
You can do it, and might not see any problems with it. It's a great PSU compared to your components and how power hungry they are. If you get a GPU, or CPU that uses A LOT of watt, then I wouldn't recommend it.

Quote from the review:

"The XFX XXX Edition 650W power supply performed very well and was only let down by its failure to meet the requirements of its claimed 80 Plus Bronze certification following the OCC power supply testing methodology. The efficiency levels are still pretty good and I have no hesitation in awarding the XFX XXX Edition 650W power supply a OCC Silver award"

So it will do just fine! :) 

YaY!
a c 290 U Graphics card
November 26, 2012 11:27:00 AM

lostgamer_03 said:
Because it's overrated, even if the PSU will fry my system, it got 2 years of warranty and I will receive a new rig if that happens.

No, you will not. I suggest you review the warranty terms of your power supply unit again.

Even if a high end unit malfunctions, it will safely shut down, without doing any harm, because it has multiple layers of protection built in for that. On the other hands, bad manufacturers skip safety features to save money. And in case such PSU malfunctions, it may even burn down your house. I have myself witnessed a power supply catching fire just in front of me - I'm glad I was there or my home would have burnt down otherwise. I will never trust cheap power supply units again. And I advice the same to other people.

And yes, XFX units are very decent.
!