GPU : gainward gtx560ti 2gig
PSU : Raidmax 1000watt 80plus
RAM : 8gig DDR3 1333mhz
HDD : 500gig
Case : coolermaster haf 932
8 answers Last reply
More about rate
  1. why 1000W PSU?
  2. I would rate this a good 8/10 for gaming. If you want to upgrade i suggest you could get a high ghz proccesor and crossfire 2 gtx's at the moment you could play most mid range to mid-high range games at ultra graphics with 60fps. and High end games at high res med-high graphics. also i suggest for high end gaming you upgrade to 16GB RAM
  3. For gaming? 5/10.

Your CPU is so so, your GPU is ok I guess, your PSU is laughably overkill, your RAM is the slowest DDR3 on the market, and you lack an SSD - and only have a 500gb HHD.

I would start by upgrading the HDD and CPU if I were you.

I mean, that PC will certainly work. ANd it is better than what a lot of people have. Just not too good for 2013 and hey, you asked. Good luck though.
  4. tpaulvc said:
    also i suggest for high end gaming you upgrade to 16GB RAM

I have 16GB of RAM that I use for multitasking. To be honest, I have never seen a game yet require more than 4GB of RAM. Maybe it's just me, though.
  5. Have you already built this ? if you have then im sure it will do fine but if you havent i would change the i3 to an i5 if you can or if your budget is low i would go with an amd option. i am not a fan of the i3.
  6. PCgamer81 said:
    I have 16GB of RAM that I use for multitasking. To be honest, I have never seen a game yet require more than 4GB of RAM. Maybe it's just me, though.

there are a few games that require more. i wouldnt say its needed. but i recommend that much because it helps with game freezing and crashing. just food for thought if you have some extra money
  7. With the lower end intel processor and the relatively small HDD I'd give it a 6/10. Don't let anone knock your PSU. After all it's better to have it and not need it than the other way around.
  8. godspanther said:
    With the lower end intel processor and the relatively small HDD I'd give it a 6/10. Don't let anone knock your PSU. After all it's better to have it and not need it than the other way around.

No one is knocking anything. But when factoring in a rating between 1 and 10 (a rating he asked for, mind you), one would have to be a colossal moron to overlook the fact that his PSU isn't even close to being efficient for his particular build.
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Intel Systems