Sign in with
Your question

Strange video issues

Tags:
  • Nvidia
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 25, 2012 5:06:33 PM

Hello everyone, I recently had a strange video problem and I really need to know what's going on and what it is ...

First of all I would like to list you here under my hardware and how long I possess:

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit
Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth X58 (1 year)
Processor: Intel Core i7 960 (1 Year)
Ram: Kingston 12GB DDR3 (1 Year)
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 480 (3 Years)
Hard Disk: 300GB Samsung Spinpoint F4 (4 Months)
PSU: Cooler Master GX 750W (3 Years)
Monitor: Asus LCD 23'' Full HD 1920x1080 (1 Year)
Keyboard: Logitech G15 (3 Years)
Mouse: Logitech MX 518 (2 Years)
Speakers: Logitech Z506 Surround 5.1 (1 Year)
Case: Cooler Master HAF 922 (1 Year)

I've never done overclocking on any of the components. Now I continue as we have done my problem ...

I was playing normally like every day for Quake 4, everything was normal, no drop in frame rate or Stuttering ... Everything was as usual. At one point, after loading the next level the game crashed with the deformations video (pixels on the screen distorting the image) with locked audio, repeating the last part of the sequence that was playing ... After a few seconds the monitor screen went black and said "No VGA signal" and was black until I decided to restart it. At that point, after I had rebooted, the system seemed that started as usual. Since the system was interrupted during the execution of software (in this case the game Quake 4) I appeared as the usual screen indicates where you want to boot the OS, Safe Mode etc. ... In this case I chose "Start Windows Normally" ... After a few seconds the boot (black screen with the colors of Windows 7 that move) the monitor again becomes black again and after about two seconds, I get the blue screen with a lot of mistakes that you can not even read. At this point I start to freak me out, I try to start it in "Provisional Windows" and it works, only that the graphics screen is distorted (Just as he had acted the first time with the game to crash Quake 4) with lines and horizontal pixels vertical, depending on where that move the icons also change their distorcendosi in other ways.

At this point I format the PC, thinking that it is a system failure. During the formatting screen error persists, always completely distorted but in the end can not access normal system, without using the "Safe Mode". Once you have reinstalled all the drivers, the error is still there, all Windows screens are "pixellose" and distorted. At this point I try to see if my new hard drive is healthy. Install HD Tune and in the "Health" is all perfectly OK, even the slightest mistake.

I try to restart the system again and I find myself in the identical initial situation. I asked if start Windows normally or in safe mode, and if I select "Start Windows Normally", after a few seconds I find the blue screen and it restarts the system again ...

This thing seems very strange, since I've never had such error message and until yesterday everything worked perfectly ... I ask you what could be and what the solution is. If I have to change something you say well, I do not care expense.

Sorry for my bad english, i used Google Traduction for write this... Thanks! :) 

EDIT: I forgot, this error distorsine image appears during the boot.

More about : strange video issues

Anonymous
a b Î Nvidia
November 26, 2012 5:51:24 AM

problem:

cooler master is not a very good PSU. the description you give sounds like power is going bad. it could be something else but this is the biggest suspect.
November 26, 2012 2:36:31 PM

Anonymous said:
problem:

cooler master is not a very good PSU. the description you give sounds like power is going bad. it could be something else but this is the biggest suspect.

Bullshit, I have now changed the video card and it works great.
Anonymous
a b Î Nvidia
November 26, 2012 8:47:39 PM

ParadoxExtreme said:
Bullshit, I have now changed the video card and it works great.

don't be so quick to call BS

that Asus GeForce GTX 480 you had uses A LOT more power than any card you put in there.

test that in another computer first; if it works fine your PSU could be dying.

btw, do not be rude to someone trying to help.
!