What's a good defragmenter

for Win98? Thanks.
10 answers Last reply
More about what good defragmenter
  1. I tried several others besides the win98 defrag. In every case it seemed the win98 defrag outdid them. Explanation; after running them i would run the win98 version and it would find holes that they missed. Now i haven't tried them all but hopefully someone here has a better answer cause i'd like to know myself .
  2. A:\format C: :smile:

The Windows defragmenting tool works fine for something that's free. I don't want to buy something else!
  3. When I was running 98se I found the best was Norton Speed Disk. It also defrags and moves the
    cache file to the fastest part of the disk.

<font color=blue>Remember.... You get what you pay for. :smile: All advice here is free.</font color=blue> :wink:
  4. Try <A HREF="http://www.vopt.com" target="_new">VoptMe</A>. It's really fast...

<A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/btvillarin" target="_new">My Website</A> - updated basically everyday.
  5. i've tried a couple others, but i won't use anything other than diskeeper on my drives!

[insert philosophical statement here]
  6. Will it work on W2k/XP?

<font color=blue>Remember.... You get what you pay for. :smile: All advice here is free.</font color=blue> :wink:
  7. yes, i run win2000, been using it for a few years now.

8. Thanks. I am going to check it out. Norton System Works 2002 does not do well with NTFS.

9. nope. i used norton's once (first time installing nt4). gawd that was an awful mistake. dunno if it was the file system or software license but i got bsod, lock ups, crashes. was not pretty :(

10. Their anti-virus seems to work good now but thats about it.
    Oh well, live and learn.

Ask a new question

Read More

Hard Drives Storage