Graphics card advice

I have a 560 ti and I'm looking to upgrade. Should I get another 560 ti and sli my cards, or should I get a 680?
8 answers Last reply
More about graphics card advice
  1. Get a 680, it will problably be better in games, quiter and it won't need as much power!:P
  2. GTX 560 ti should be sufficient for now. Why not wait a littlle and see what comes on the market soon?

If you really want to upgrade now, then go for Radeon 7970 or GTX 670, those are the high-end Cards with best bang for the buck at the moment.
  3. Give us your complete specs.
  4. Embra said:
    Give us your complete specs.

gtx 560 ti
    AMD Athlon II 630 4 core @ 2.8ghz
    H-RS880-uATX standard motherboard
    6 gigs of ram
    650 power supply
    1tb harddrive
    1080p screen
  5. lostgamer_03 said:
    GTX 560 ti should be sufficient for now. Why not wait a littlle and see what comes on the market soon?

If you really want to upgrade now, then go for Radeon 7970 or GTX 670, those are the high-end Cards with best bang for the buck at the moment.

Yeah, that's also my worry. I call it the "apple effect"; every time I gather enough money to buy something nice and shiny, something even nicer and shiner comes out as the same price as whatever I just purchased. With my luck, I'll buy a 680, then some industrial break through will happen and direct x 999999 will be released.
  6. socioeconomictrends said:
    Yeah, that's also my worry. I call it the "apple effect"; every time I gather enough money to buy something nice and shiny, something even nicer and shiner comes out as the same price as whatever I just purchased. With my luck, I'll buy a 680, then some industrial break through will happen and direct x 999999 will be released.

I know how you feel man! That is why I always buy hardware when it drops. I got the GTX 660 at the same week it got launched. Last time I bought a Radeon 6770 and were so happy with it, 1 month later. BAM 7770! :(
  7. Unless you plan your CPU a little, I would not recommend much more GPU than what you have.
  8. I'm upgrading my CPU first for sure. More RAM is also on the way, but that's less important to this topic.
    I'm limited to AM3 sockets since I don't really feel the need to grab another motherboard.
    The question is: Which do you think would preform better with gaming, http://www.compusa.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2372719&CatId=4433 or http://www.compusa.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=5692033&CatId=4431
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards SLI Graphics Product