Sign in with
Your question

Is the new ibuypower revolution revolt pc a good deal for a pre built?

Tags:
  • Prebuilt
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
January 9, 2013 7:43:56 PM

The new ibuypower revolt pc looks sick and it just came out today. They call it the "revolution". Is the computer good for its price? I customized one but a little worried about the power supply, its only 500 watt fsp, not sure what the fsp stands for.

iBUYPOWER Revolt Mini Tower Gaming Case
i5-3570K
NZXT Kraken X40 Liquid CPU Cooling System w/ 140mm Radiator
8 GB DDR3 1600 RIPJAW
GeForce GTX 670 2gb evga
iBUYPOWER IBP-Z77E/S
500 Watt - FSP
1 TB HARD DRIVE -- 32M Cache, 7200 RPM

Here is the link to the "revolution" http://www.ibuypower.com/Info/Revolt/home.aspx

Price 1155.00 before shipping fee.

More about : ibuypower revolution revolt good deal pre built

January 9, 2013 7:52:17 PM

FSP is the brand of the psu, it's a decent brand, although, like any prebuilt it's overpriced, also you didn't say the price, but it is overpriced i can bet, i can see a 680 gtx in there which is overpriced(670 gtx is the best value), and no ssd, and a crappy z77 mobo.
Also that liquid cooling is the same as a h50 corsair, which sucks, a air cooler like the cm hyper 212 evo gets lower temps.
m
l
January 9, 2013 8:06:03 PM

djangoringo said:
FSP is the brand of the psu, it's a decent brand, although, like any prebuilt it's overpriced, also you didn't say the price, but it is overpriced i can bet, i can see a 680 gtx in there which is overpriced(670 gtx is the best value), and no ssd, and a crappy z77 mobo.
Also that liquid cooling is the same as a h50 corsair, which sucks, a air cooler like the cm hyper 212 evo gets lower temps.

Updated my cart and the price came out to 1155.00 before shipping fee.
Changed the graphic card to a gtx 670 evga
Changed the cooling into the NZXT Kraken X40 Liquid CPU Cooling System w/ 140mm Radiator, is this cooler good? better or worse than the hyper 212 evo?
The highest psu im allowed to pick is the 500 watt fsp but the gtx 670 alone cost 500 watt already so with the other parts combined it would probably cost around 600 watt. How would a 500 watt fsp be enough to power the computer?
If i don't plan on overclocking it too much, would the motherboard be fine? and would it support 1600 mhz ram?
m
l
Related resources
January 10, 2013 2:35:10 AM

because the gtx 670 is probably the mobile laptop version
m
l
January 10, 2013 2:36:52 AM

I mean look at the size of the thing - how could it possibly have a full size 670 in it
m
l
January 10, 2013 2:50:12 AM

Its' a desktop card not a mobile one, it can have a 680 gtx.
m
l
January 10, 2013 3:18:28 AM

lord hircine said:
Changed the cooling into the NZXT Kraken X40 Liquid CPU Cooling System w/ 140mm Radiator, is this cooler good? better or worse than the hyper 212 evo?
The highest psu im allowed to pick is the 500 watt fsp but the gtx 670 alone cost 500 watt already so with the other parts combined it would probably cost around 600 watt. How would a 500 watt fsp be enough to power the computer?
If i don't plan on overclocking it too much, would the motherboard be fine? and would it support 1600 mhz ram?

If you must buy that pc, then just get the 670 gtx, it draws less power than a 680 gtx, costs less and has about the same perfomance(about just less 5%), and in my opinion it's not worth the extra $ for the nzxt watercooler, just get then the one you had, also just get 8GB 2x4GB 1600mhz, you don't need 16GB for gaming, 6GB/8GB is plenty.
Also get a ssd if possible, if you're worried about the power usage, get a 660 ti, it's also a good card.
Or else, buy the parts separately from the stores(web) and put in a store to assemble if you don't want to(or if don't have the experience) for a fee, it's still gonna cost less, with same or better parts, for a case like the CM HAF XB.

An e.g. : http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wOjk
m
l
January 10, 2013 3:35:10 AM

djangoringo said:
Its' a desktop card not a mobile one, it can have a 680 gtx.

yeah, I just read they rotate the card to fit the length/height, yet still, that card is about the size of this whole thing, so they must have some different manufacturing technique, possibly lower power rating/mhz. I doubt very much if you opened one up, you'd see a normal gtx670/80 with 2 6pin power connectors (but I could be wrong)
m
l
January 10, 2013 5:48:39 PM

Hi Guys,

I'm Ricky, Marketing Manager iBUYPOWER sort of officially/unofficially. Just stumbled on this thread and I wanted to jump in here with a real quick reply to clear up a bit of confusion.

The GTX 680 is indeed a full-size, unmodified PCIE x16 card. We even offer brand-name overclocked options, like EVGA SSC cards.

It has it's own dedicated airflow channel and draws air directly from the exterior of the case, so cooling is great. Also, Power supply is not an issue, our top power supply is 80-plus gold 500w. That's true power, not re-stickered ;) 

Hope this clears things up. Feel free to call our support lines if you have any more questions.
m
l
January 10, 2013 6:26:49 PM

Also, I think you'll find our pricing is very reasonable if you selected equivalent parts... any difference covers stuff like labor, support, etc. If you're going to do a comparison to other system builders, we're going to give you way more bang for your buck.

Would love to see what you guys can come up with for a build in other SFF cases compared to our Revolt. (True power PSUs, please.)

Any special promotions you'll find on parts will make a difference, obviously. If Newegg has a $50 off SSD promo that we don't offer, obviously you're getting a good deal there, though that does go both ways. Sometimes you'll even find a cheaper system on our website if you hit all the right promotions.

--Ricky Lee
Marketing Manager, iBUYPOWER Computers
m
l
January 10, 2013 6:43:20 PM

lord hircine said:

Also to address power concerns:
GTX 680 Max TDP: 195w (http://www.geforce.com/Active/en_US/en_US/pdf/GeForce-G...)
Core i7-3770k max TDP: 77W (http://ark.intel.com/products/65523)

These are maximums that the cards don't commonly hit. Actual power draw is significantly less. We're actually able to run Furmark and multi-thread LinX simultaneously on a GTX 680/3770k setup with our 350w PSU.

Throw in a 30-50w margin for drives, accessories, etc. and that leaves about 200w headroom for overclocking on the 500w PSU. Actual power draw under load is going to fall right in that 50% load range, which right about the maximum efficiency range for these PSUs. You can check out the 80+ gold spec on wikipedia. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/80_Plus)

--Ricky Lee
Marketing Manager, iBUYPOWER

Edit: fixed "50% maximum efficiency range" to more accurately state that the PSU's max efficiency is right around 50% load. ::facepalm:: The PSU max efficiency is over 90%
m
l
January 11, 2013 10:42:30 AM

ibp_ricky said:
Hi Guys,

I'm Ricky, Marketing Manager iBUYPOWER sort of officially/unofficially. Just stumbled on this thread and I wanted to jump in here with a real quick reply to clear up a bit of confusion.

The GTX 680 is indeed a full-size, unmodified PCIE x16 card. We even offer brand-name overclocked options, like EVGA SSC cards.

It has it's own dedicated airflow channel and draws air directly from the exterior of the case, so cooling is great. Also, Power supply is not an issue, our top power supply is 80-plus gold 500w. That's true power, not re-stickered ;) 

Hope this clears things up. Feel free to call our support lines if you have any more questions.

Thanx ricky - Nice to see that the forums, etc., are actually read by people like you. I have to give kudos to the ibuypower revolution then, having these components in such a small profile.
I would guess companies like ibuypower use devices such as the kill-a-watt, and from what you've said, that the power load isn't as much as one might think
m
l
January 13, 2013 4:45:14 AM

I am thinking of buying this system. I am just gonna hold out and wait until there is more information about it like reviews and unboxing videos :kaola:  but from what I see it seems like an amazing deal to me.
m
l
January 26, 2013 11:24:59 PM

So when actually ibuypower starting to ship those SFF?
m
l
!