Time logging program required

April 7, 2004 6:06:25 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.palmtops.pilot,alt.comp.sys.palmtops.pilot,alt.comp.os.palm,uk.comp.sys.palmtops (More info?)

Anyone know of any decent time logging applications?

I'm self employed and do IT support for several small businesses. I'd
like an application that could keep track of the amount of hours
clocked up on various tasks I do for various clients.

Ideally, I would like an application that I can very quickly *select*
a client, *select* a task and then 'start'. At the end of the task, I
click 'End'. The application would then save the date and start/end
dates.

At the end of any period (could be monthly, could be random), I'd like
the application to tot up all the hours worked for each client
(optionally by task too) since the last time I asked for a report.

I've tried using the standard calendar for this but it's not really up
to the task.

I need something that's lightning quick on data entry. I often get 2
minute support calls I have to log and it takes me almost as long to
enter the details as it did to take the call.

Dale Walker: dale@sorted.org
London Techno Events: london@sorted.org, london.sorted.org
Saiko: saiko@sorted.org, saiko.sorted.org
April 7, 2004 6:06:26 PM

In comp.sys.palmtops.pilot Dale Walker <dale@sorted.org> wrote:
> Anyone know of any decent time logging applications?

Dunno if it is decent enough, but have a look at Titrax.

And stop crossposting (FUT reset).
April 7, 2004 6:06:26 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.palmtops.pilot,alt.comp.sys.palmtops.pilot,alt.comp.os.palm,uk.comp.sys.palmtops (More info?)

Alltime from Iambic. Also not cheap but works well.
http://www.iambic.com/alltime/palmos/

Good Luck,
Shawn

Dale Walker <dale@sorted.org> wrote in message news:<00u770p370mnf958eahpii59l6pp7ufn44@4ax.com>...
> Anyone know of any decent time logging applications?
>
> I'm self employed and do IT support for several small businesses. I'd
> like an application that could keep track of the amount of hours
> clocked up on various tasks I do for various clients.
>
> Ideally, I would like an application that I can very quickly *select*
> a client, *select* a task and then 'start'. At the end of the task, I
> click 'End'. The application would then save the date and start/end
> dates.
>
> At the end of any period (could be monthly, could be random), I'd like
> the application to tot up all the hours worked for each client
> (optionally by task too) since the last time I asked for a report.
>
> I've tried using the standard calendar for this but it's not really up
> to the task.
>
> I need something that's lightning quick on data entry. I often get 2
> minute support calls I have to log and it takes me almost as long to
> enter the details as it did to take the call.

> Dale Walker: dale@sorted.org
> London Techno Events: london@sorted.org, london.sorted.org
> Saiko: saiko@sorted.org, saiko.sorted.org
April 7, 2004 6:14:48 PM

Dale Walker wrote:

> Anyone know of any decent time logging applications?

I found Pilot-DB to be programmable enough to fit my needs. Of course, it
won't do what you want out-of-the-box, you'll have to make that yourself.

http://pilot-db.sourceforge.net/

f'up to comp.sys.palmtops.pilot

--
Randy Simons

When replying to this message,
please follow the nettiquette and quote correctly.
Anonymous
April 8, 2004 3:25:58 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.palmtops.pilot,alt.comp.sys.palmtops.pilot,alt.comp.os.palm,uk.comp.sys.palmtops (More info?)

Timereporter from Iambic, not cheap, but works well.

On Wed, 07 Apr 2004 14:06:25 +0100, Dale Walker <dale@sorted.org>
wrote:

>Anyone know of any decent time logging applications?
>
>I'm self employed and do IT support for several small businesses. I'd
>like an application that could keep track of the amount of hours
>clocked up on various tasks I do for various clients.
>
>Ideally, I would like an application that I can very quickly *select*
>a client, *select* a task and then 'start'. At the end of the task, I
>click 'End'. The application would then save the date and start/end
>dates.
>
>At the end of any period (could be monthly, could be random), I'd like
>the application to tot up all the hours worked for each client
>(optionally by task too) since the last time I asked for a report.
>
>I've tried using the standard calendar for this but it's not really up
>to the task.
>
>I need something that's lightning quick on data entry. I often get 2
>minute support calls I have to log and it takes me almost as long to
>enter the details as it did to take the call.

>Dale Walker: dale@sorted.org
>London Techno Events: london@sorted.org, london.sorted.org
>Saiko: saiko@sorted.org, saiko.sorted.org
Anonymous
May 6, 2004 2:38:08 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.palmtops.pilot,alt.comp.sys.palmtops.pilot,alt.comp.os.palm,uk.comp.sys.palmtops (More info?)

It is not exactly what you asked for, but it is great and easily managed
program and may help you:

Hours for Palm OS
free opensource with converter to Excel
more info here: