Sign in with
Your question

Amd 6950

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 25, 2012 6:25:48 PM

I have a radeon 6950 just put new heatsink and fan on it. its and xfx single fan model i did not have any extre thermal compound so i just used what was on there as it did not come with new. I am ordering more i ordered artic silver
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
Is that good? My card while playing bad company 2 on max settings with aax2 and shadows set to low or off. fan runs at 45% but it gets to 75-77 degrees is this hot for that card? The thermal paste will deff help right it is only like 60 Fahrenheit in this room and it seemed hot.

Thanks

More about : amd 6950

November 25, 2012 6:34:30 PM

that sounds normal.
get msi afterburner to set a custom fan profile. this will help keep your temps low.
m
l
November 25, 2012 7:50:51 PM

bigal80ak said:
I have a radeon 6950 just put new heatsink and fan on it. its and xfx single fan model i did not have any extre thermal compound so i just used what was on there as it did not come with new. I am ordering more i ordered artic silver
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
Is that good? My card while playing bad company 2 on max settings with aax2 and shadows set to low or off. fan runs at 45% but it gets to 75-77 degrees is this hot for that card? The thermal paste will deff help right it is only like 60 Fahrenheit in this room and it seemed hot.

Thanks

It just seems hot for a game that this card should play flawlessly.
m
l
Related resources
a b À AMD
November 25, 2012 7:58:25 PM

It's hot because you did not put new thermal compound on!
Those temperatures are closer to those found on a reference cooler under heavy load, they'll drop considerably once you clean off the old stuff and apply the Arctic Silver.
My HD6950 maxes out at 60C with its Zalman VF3000A BTW.
m
l
November 25, 2012 11:50:09 PM

whoa dunno why I messed that one up.
Go get some thermal compound.
Should fix it right up.
m
l
November 26, 2012 12:00:41 AM

It just sounds really hot for a game this card should easily plow through right? I will turn the fan up to 60% which will help and i ordered as5 thermal paste thats good right?
m
l
!