Setting Defualt monitor for Bios

Zeal514

Distinguished
May 18, 2011
So I have a VGA old Monitor That I am using, with a Nice big HD TV that I use for my main screen. I am running them both through my Video card.

On my bios it has an option to choose which Port I want the bios to run in. The ports are

VGA
Peg1
Peg2
Peg1
Peg2
Peg3
Peg4

I am just afraid to change this setting and not be able to see my bios and really screw myself lol.

Daedalus12

Honorable
Dec 18, 2012
Sorry, I couldn't find the info I needed to give you a solid answer. You could always try something out, then if things go sour, reset the BIOS. Since the 550 TI has three display options, I would stick with the first three you have listed.

Zeal514

Distinguished
May 18, 2011
Yea, Imma give it a shot playing around with the settings till I get it. I just been so pre-occupied with getting Windows 8 working (install activation media center etc. etcc. whole thing has been a utter nightmare)

If I disconnect the VGA monitor tho, It boots thru HDMI, so I can probably just check the setting that way, just thought of it few mins ago, hasn't been my main train of thought lol

ty

Zeal514

Distinguished
May 18, 2011
didnt Work. The List I provided was incorrect, It was just off the top of my head its

PCI
Peg 1
Peg 2
Peg 3
Peg 4

Which Peg=PCI Express lol.

My GPU just runs at Standard VGA, If VGA Monitor is plugged in, I dont have a GPU Chipset on my Mobo so I couldnt load to GPU with HD Monitor on, but plugging into the VGA or w/e Port on your mobo with Alt monitor should work, for those reading this post in the future.

TRENDING THREADS