Indiana Jones LD question.

Last response: in Home Theatre Legacy
October 5, 2004 1:43:06 PM

Did any of the Indiana Jones laserdiscs have commentary tracks? I've been
enjoying my DVDs but I'm a little dissapointed at the lack of commentary
tracks.
Steve Grauman

More about : indiana jones question

Anonymous
October 5, 2004 2:09:31 PM

oneactor1@aol.com (Steve Grauman) wrot...
> Did any of the Indiana Jones laserdiscs have commentary tracks? I've been
> enjoying my DVDs but I'm a little dissapointed at the lack of commentary
> tracks.
> Steve Grauman

AFAIK -- no, they didn't. Sorry.

-Junior
Anonymous
October 5, 2004 3:41:36 PM

"Steve Grauman" <oneactor1@aol.com> wrote in message
> Did any of the Indiana Jones laserdiscs have commentary tracks?

Nope.
October 6, 2004 5:14:04 AM

I wonder why not. Lucas did a commentary for the SW flicks. You'd think that
the Indiana Jones films were important enough to both him and Speilberg to
record commentaroes.
Steve Grauman
Anonymous
October 6, 2004 2:09:27 PM

oneactor1@aol.com (Steve Grauman) wrote...
> I wonder why not. Lucas did a commentary for the SW flicks. You'd think that
> the Indiana Jones films were important enough to both him and Speilberg to
> record commentaroes.

Spielberg simply doesn't do commentaries (for whatever reason).
Granted, Lucas was both writer and producer of the Indiana Jones
trilogy, but, at least in my mind, the films are definitely
Spielberg's, and I wouldn't expect a commentary track on a home video
release in any format.

Despite Lucas's large contribution to the Indiana Jones trilogy, I
think of him directing only a handful of films -- 1. The original Star
Wars, 2. SW: Ep I, 3. SW: Ep II, 4. American Graffiti, and 5. THX
1138. I'm sure that he had a bunch of student films while at USC, but
these are the main five. Now that SW: Ep III is in post-production,
that number will grow by one come this spring.

-Junior
October 8, 2004 9:35:07 AM

In article <139de3b3.0410050909.72c78bc0@posting.google.com>,
watsona@kenyon.edu says...
> oneactor1@aol.com (Steve Grauman) wrot...
> > Did any of the Indiana Jones laserdiscs have commentary tracks? I've been
> > enjoying my DVDs but I'm a little dissapointed at the lack of commentary
> > tracks.
> > Steve Grauman
>
> AFAIK -- no, they didn't. Sorry.
>
> -Junior

Is it true that the reflection, which revealed the safety glass between
Ford and the snake in the Well of Souls, was digitally removed for the
DVD release? I have the DVD set, and can't find it, although I can't
remember exactly where it was.

However I assume this reflection is still visible in the LD release?
Anonymous
October 8, 2004 3:44:55 PM

"Miles" <fake@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Is it true that the reflection, which revealed the safety glass
> between
> Ford and the snake in the Well of Souls, was digitally removed for the
> DVD release? I have the DVD set, and can't find it, although I can't
> remember exactly where it was.
>
> However I assume this reflection is still visible in the LD release?

Yes and yes. Painted out for the DVD, still visible on the LD.
!