Blue Screen Flash/No startup

tpaulvc

Honorable
Jan 9, 2013
Hi, im running an ASUS motherboard (Brand new instal) and i have had an issue. Im running Win7 64 bit and it goes to the starting windows screen (right before login) and it goes there for about 2 seconds. Freezes, and then flashes bluescreen (so fast i cant tell what it is) and then the screen goes black. Yet the computer remains running. I press the hard restart button on the motherboard. and start the proccess over. I have tried to enter the windows disk and click fix problems and it doesnt change anything. I have also tried a total wipe of the hard drive and reset the windows in general and it says i need to do it from the desktop of which i cant. Also in the start screen when it says the specs of the computer it also says error in the CPU fan. Does that have anything to do with it? Ive also tried different configs in the bios and still nothing. Please explain if im doing something wrong.. Its driving me :pt1cable: and ive almost lost my sanity. Please help me

Solution
Okay, What was your older MB? and did you have the SATA configuration set to to IDE or AHCI on that board?
Your new ASUS MB is set to AHCI by default (a change), so if the OS was set to IDE, it will crash.

Might go into your BIOS, and on the Advanced Menu, SATA configuration, change it to IDE mode to try.
If it boots up, then there is a registry edit so the OS it will load the AHCI drivers first.

If that's not it, you can change it back to ACHI in the BIOS.

Peasant

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2013
Here, this will work. Start tapping the F8 key after you press the ON button, and continue tapping until you are presented with the "Windows Advanced Options Menu" screen.
Use the UP/DOWN arrow keys to select "Disable automatic restart on system failure" and press the <ENTER> key.
Your system will attempt to restart normally, but when it crashes, it will not re-start: Instead, you will see a BSOD with error message.
Record the error message details, and post in this thread.

tpaulvc

Honorable
Jan 9, 2013
hey peasant. I just tried that and it doesnt open up the window. keep in miind im running an asus right now. So that could effect it. Could it be in the bios? Here is the exact motherboard. http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/AMD_AM3Plus/M5A97/ hope you can respond soon :)

Peasant

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2013
Okay, What was your older MB? and did you have the SATA configuration set to to IDE or AHCI on that board?
Your new ASUS MB is set to AHCI by default (a change), so if the OS was set to IDE, it will crash.

Might go into your BIOS, and on the Advanced Menu, SATA configuration, change it to IDE mode to try.
If it boots up, then there is a registry edit so the OS it will load the AHCI drivers first.

If that's not it, you can change it back to ACHI in the BIOS.

Solution

Taro Dees

Honorable
Apr 9, 2013

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! i love you man! you're the best!

Feb 24, 2018

5 Years later and here I am, creating an account just to say : Thank you !