nokia 6600 and Postar PBT-111 GPS Bluetooth reciever.

Last response: in Brands
Share
March 6, 2005 9:45:10 AM

Hi,

I have a polstar PBT-111 GPS unit and I can successfully pair this to
the Nokia 6600. However, I cannot get the bluetooth to lock (the
bluetooth light keeps continually flashing, it does not stay solid.
(when synced with my XDA2 the polstar blue light stays solid so I
presume its not working). Any ideas?

Thanks
Nick
March 7, 2005 2:57:04 AM

Hello,

TomTom Mobile. I noticed your earlier posts were similar to mine. Did
you manage to get yours working?

Nick
March 7, 2005 3:01:13 AM

Oh and ive also tried renaming the reciever from 'Polstar' to 'TomTom
Wireless GPS' after the pairing under (assign short name'. Still no
luck.

Nick
March 7, 2005 4:39:34 AM

Nick,

what software are you using on your 6600 ?

"NickWW" <nicholas_whitehead@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have a polstar PBT-111 GPS unit and I can successfully pair this to
> the Nokia 6600. However, I cannot get the bluetooth to lock (the
> bluetooth light keeps continually flashing, it does not stay solid.
> (when synced with my XDA2 the polstar blue light stays solid so I
> presume its not working). Any ideas?
>
> Thanks
> Nick

Anonymous
March 7, 2005 8:30:39 PM

Hi Nick,

bad news my friend!
TomTom will definitely not work with the polstar.
Renaming only works with Pocket PC's.
I am now using Route 66 which I have to say works very very well.
You can go full screen with it and get a very decent display.
Voice prompts are very clear too.
I don't miss TomTom at all.
I used to use it on my Ipaq.

Hope this helps

Ade

> Hello,
>
> TomTom Mobile. I noticed your earlier posts were similar to mine. Did
> you manage to get yours working?
>
> Nick

March 11, 2005 4:13:52 PM

Thanks Ade. Thought as much. I've sold it now and bought one of those
XTRAC recievers with Nokia battery. To be honest far far better and
quicker time to fix on those US sats.

Cheers
Anonymous
July 7, 2005 2:00:01 PM

> yupwrote:
Hi Nick,

> bad news my friend!
> TomTom will definitely not work with the polstar.

That's not true, I have a polstar GPS unit and it works fine on my
TomTom mobile.
The only issue I have is having to re-pair it each time I run TomTom -
but I've only had it one day, so maybe I'm doing something wrong :?

Cheers
Skoov

---
Posted via http://www.mPedia.com
Mobile Technology Forums

http://www.usenet.com
Anonymous
July 11, 2005 2:58:13 AM

TomTom 5 now works indeed.
Older versions DEFINITLY did not...........

!