nokia 6600 and Postar PBT-111 GPS Bluetooth reciever.

Hi,

I have a polstar PBT-111 GPS unit and I can successfully pair this to
the Nokia 6600. However, I cannot get the bluetooth to lock (the
bluetooth light keeps continually flashing, it does not stay solid.
(when synced with my XDA2 the polstar blue light stays solid so I
presume its not working). Any ideas?

Thanks
Nick
7 answers Last reply
More about nokia 6600 postar bluetooth reciever

    Hello,

    TomTom Mobile. I noticed your earlier posts were similar to mine. Did
    you manage to get yours working?

    Nick

    Oh and ive also tried renaming the reciever from 'Polstar' to 'TomTom
    Wireless GPS' after the pairing under (assign short name'. Still no
    luck.

    Nick

    Nick,

    what software are you using on your 6600 ?

    "NickWW" <nicholas_whitehead@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a polstar PBT-111 GPS unit and I can successfully pair this to
    > the Nokia 6600. However, I cannot get the bluetooth to lock (the
    > bluetooth light keeps continually flashing, it does not stay solid.
    > (when synced with my XDA2 the polstar blue light stays solid so I
    > presume its not working). Any ideas?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Nick

    Hi Nick,

    bad news my friend!
    TomTom will definitely not work with the polstar.
    Renaming only works with Pocket PC's.
    I am now using Route 66 which I have to say works very very well.
    You can go full screen with it and get a very decent display.
    Voice prompts are very clear too.
    I don't miss TomTom at all.
    I used to use it on my Ipaq.

    Hope this helps

    Ade

    > Hello,
    >
    > TomTom Mobile. I noticed your earlier posts were similar to mine. Did
    > you manage to get yours working?
    >
    > Nick

    Thanks Ade. Thought as much. I've sold it now and bought one of those
    XTRAC recievers with Nokia battery. To be honest far far better and
    quicker time to fix on those US sats.

    Cheers

    > yupwrote:
    Hi Nick,

    > bad news my friend!
    > TomTom will definitely not work with the polstar.

    That's not true, I have a polstar GPS unit and it works fine on my
    TomTom mobile.
    The only issue I have is having to re-pair it each time I run TomTom -
    but I've only had it one day, so maybe I'm doing something wrong :?

    Cheers
    Skoov

    ---
    Posted via http://www.mPedia.com
    Mobile Technology Forums

    http://www.usenet.com

    TomTom 5 now works indeed.
    Older versions DEFINITLY did not...........

    "skoov" <matt@3gardenwall.co-dot-uk.no-spam.invalid> wrote in message
    >> yupwrote:
    > Hi Nick,
    >>
    >> bad news my friend!
    >> TomTom will definitely not work with the polstar.
    >>

    > That's not true, I have a polstar GPS unit and it works fine on my
    > TomTom mobile.
    > The only issue I have is having to re-pair it each time I run TomTom -
    > but I've only had it one day, so maybe I'm doing something wrong :?
    >
    > Cheers
    > Skoov
    >

    > ---
    > Posted via http://www.mPedia.com