Closed

6630 on o2 - locked or unlocked?

Last response: in Brands
March 7, 2005 12:34:15 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

Can anyone confirm 100% if the Nokia 6630 on O2-UK is unlocked and
will accept any sim cards as standard out of the box?

TIA

Chris

More about : 6630 locked unlocked

Anonymous
March 7, 2005 12:34:16 AM

put diff simcard other than 02. if the phone accept that simcard it
means the phone is unlock. but if you put that sim card and said
''wrong sim card'' it meas the phone is lock to 02

--
erwin 10-4
March 7, 2005 12:59:18 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

If you bought it from o2 they'll have locked it up

"eggster2k" <eggster2k@nospambreathe.com> wrote in message
> Can anyone confirm 100% if the Nokia 6630 on O2-UK is unlocked and
> will accept any sim cards as standard out of the box?
>
> TIA
>
> Chris
March 7, 2005 1:03:02 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

On Sun, 06 Mar 2005 21:59:18 GMT, "Victie"
<carlvicaryuk@SPAMMERAMAhotmail.com> wrote:

>If you bought it from o2 they'll have locked it up

do you have a 6630 on o2?

o2 contract phones are usually unlocked, but i need to know for
certain if the 6630 is the same case.

>"eggster2k" <eggster2k@nospambreathe.com> wrote in message
>> Can anyone confirm 100% if the Nokia 6630 on O2-UK is unlocked and
>> will accept any sim cards as standard out of the box?
>>
>> TIA
>>
>> Chris

Anonymous
March 7, 2005 2:07:04 AM

"Victie" <carlvicaryuk@SPAMMERAMAhotmail.com> wrote in message
> If you bought it from o2 they'll have locked it up

Why is it that it always seems to be the top posters that get it wrong?

O2 generally don't lock their contract handsets (except the O2 branded ones
like the X1 and XDA for example) but they always lock the PAYG handsets.

--
>>> Unlock Your Phone's Potential <<<
>>> www.uselessinfo.org.uk <<<
>>> www.thephonelocker.co.uk <<<
>>> www.gsm-solutions.co.uk <<<
Anonymous
March 7, 2005 3:01:41 AM

"Richard Colton" <webmaster@NOSPAMuselessinfo.org.uk> wrote in message

> "Victie" <carlvicaryuk@SPAMMERAMAhotmail.com> wrote in message
> > If you bought it from o2 they'll have locked it up
>
> Why is it that it always seems to be the top posters that get it wrong?
>
> O2 generally don't lock their contract handsets (except the O2 branded
ones
> like the X1 and XDA for example) but they always lock the PAYG handsets.
>
> --

This is incorrect info - they don't *always* lock PAYG handsets.

It depends where you buy the handset from.

A handset is usually only locked if it either has (a) O2 branding on the
casing and/or (b) has O2 branding as part of the software e.g. start-up
screen.

Virtually all the handsets purchased on O2 PAYG from CPW are unlocked GSM
handsets.

The 6630 I recently got from CPW on O2 is also an unlocked generic handset.

Regards,
March 7, 2005 1:32:37 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

On Sun, 06 Mar 2005 21:34:15 +0000, eggster2k
<eggster2k@nospambreathe.com> wrote:

>Can anyone confirm 100% if the Nokia 6630 on O2-UK is unlocked and
>will accept any sim cards as standard out of the box?
>
>TIA
>
>Chris

forgot to mention, i am referring to the 6630 on o2 online direct from
o2.co.uk . Not a CPW version or from anywhere else.
Anonymous
March 7, 2005 3:13:43 PM

> On Sun, 06 Mar 2005 21:34:15 +0000, eggster2k
> <eggster2k@nospambreathe.com> wrote:
>
>>Can anyone confirm 100% if the Nokia 6630 on O2-UK is unlocked and
>>will accept any sim cards as standard out of the box?
>>
>>TIA
>>
>>Chris
>

> forgot to mention, i am referring to the 6630 on o2 online direct from
> o2.co.uk . Not a CPW version or from anywhere else.

If it's a contract phone it'll most likely be unlocked but no-one can
guarantee that apart from O2.

--
>>> Unlock Your Phone's Potential <<<
>>> www.uselessinfo.org.uk <<<
>>> www.thephonelocker.co.uk <<<
>>> www.gsm-solutions.co.uk <<<
Anonymous
March 7, 2005 3:16:21 PM

"Steve Aitchison" <steveait@talktalk.net> wrote in message

> "Richard Colton" <webmaster@NOSPAMuselessinfo.org.uk> wrote in message
>>
>> "Victie" <carlvicaryuk@SPAMMERAMAhotmail.com> wrote in message
>> > If you bought it from o2 they'll have locked it up
>>
>> Why is it that it always seems to be the top posters that get it wrong?
>>
>> O2 generally don't lock their contract handsets (except the O2 branded
> ones
>> like the X1 and XDA for example) but they always lock the PAYG handsets.
>>

> This is incorrect info - they don't *always* lock PAYG handsets.

Incomplete possibly. O" supplied PAYG handsets are always locked (unless
they cock up as they have a couple fo times before)

> It depends where you buy the handset from.
>
> A handset is usually only locked if it either has (a) O2 branding on the
> casing and/or (b) has O2 branding as part of the software e.g. start-up
> screen.

Not true unfortunately. I've unlocked plenty of unbranded but locked O2
handsets.

> Virtually all the handsets purchased on O2 PAYG from CPW are unlocked GSM
> handsets.
>
> The 6630 I recently got from CPW on O2 is also an unlocked generic
> handset.

Yes, because CPW can supply (if they want to) GSM stock for O2, Voda, ORange
and T-Mobile - not many other dealers can or do at the moment.

--
>>> Unlock Your Phone's Potential <<<
>>> www.uselessinfo.org.uk <<<
>>> www.thephonelocker.co.uk <<<
>>> www.gsm-solutions.co.uk <<<
March 7, 2005 3:44:53 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

On Mon, 07 Mar 2005 10:32:37 +0000, eggster2k
<eggster2k@nospambreathe.com> wrote:

>On Sun, 06 Mar 2005 21:34:15 +0000, eggster2k
><eggster2k@nospambreathe.com> wrote:
>
>>Can anyone confirm 100% if the Nokia 6630 on O2-UK is unlocked and
>>will accept any sim cards as standard out of the box?
>>
>>TIA
>>
>>Chris
>

>forgot to mention, i am referring to the 6630 on o2 online direct from
>o2.co.uk . Not a CPW version or from anywhere else.

why not phone them and ask, see what they say, explain that because of
work you have to go into an area that has no O2 cover so you need to
be sure that the phone will be useful. See what they say if you offer
to take the contract only if they issue an unlocked phone.

--
arjftebhc@jryfutbi.pb.hx<--ROT13 it
Spam Trap in Header

Freedom isn't FREE

http://borg.no-ip.com
Anonymous
March 10, 2005 10:24:59 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

"eggster2k" <eggster2k@nospambreathe.com> wrote in message
> On Sun, 06 Mar 2005 21:34:15 +0000, eggster2k
> <eggster2k@nospambreathe.com> wrote:
>
>>Can anyone confirm 100% if the Nokia 6630 on O2-UK is unlocked and
>>will accept any sim cards as standard out of the box?
>>
>>TIA
>>
>>Chris
>

> forgot to mention, i am referring to the 6630 on o2 online direct from
> o2.co.uk . Not a CPW version or from anywhere else.

6630 direct from 02 works on Voda, not sure about the others though.
Anonymous
March 19, 2005 2:06:49 PM

Can you please tell me how to calculate the code for unlocking the 6630?

I am using the Unlock Codes Calculator By Crux v.2.31

please suggest me what

- ASIC to use
- BOX serial ID
- Calculation method ( ex. Griffin Clip, V2 Codes,etc.)
Any seggestion would be appreciated... if you have some comprehensive
source, like a web site that talks about unlocking and explain the
whole of it i d be please to know about it...

Cheers

--
gebbione
March 19, 2005 3:02:12 PM

"gebbione" <gebbione.1m516a@WiFi-Forum_dot_com> wrote in message

> Can you please tell me how to calculate the code for unlocking the 6630?

You can't (yet).

> I am using the Unlock Codes Calculator By Crux v.2.31

There are no free calculators that will unlock the new Nokia BB5 platform
phones.

> please suggest me what
> - ASIC to use
> - BOX serial ID
> - Calculation method ( ex. Griffin Clip, V2 Codes,etc.)
> Any seggestion would be appreciated... if you have some comprehensive
> source, like a web site that talks about unlocking and explain the
> whole of it i d be please to know about it...

You can use whatever you like, but it won't work for a 6630. The only two
choices you've got to get it unlocked at the moment are to either pay the
network for the unlock code or find someone with access to a JAF flashing
box who may be able to do it for you.

--
>>> Unlock Your Phone's Potential <<<
>>> www.uselessinfo.org.uk <<<
>>> www.thephonelocker.co.uk <<<
>>> www.gsm-solutions.co.uk <<<
March 21, 2011 5:42:31 PM

Quote:
Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

Can anyone confirm 100% if the Nokia 6630 on O2-UK is unlocked and
will accept any sim cards as standard out of the box?

TIA

Chris

To check the mobile is unlocked or not,You put a different(other than o2) simcard in Nokia 6630 and check if possible to access the mobile is unlocked.Unable to call then get unlock codes from the website http://www.theunlockspot.com and remove the unlock.
May 26, 2011 12:02:46 PM

It is a nice sharing.......
May 27, 2011 9:55:21 PM

This topic has been closed by Buwish